Sports Authority of India (SAI) is an Autonomous Organization under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS). It is India’s Premier Sports Organization and in pursuit of its mandate to develop and nurture sports in the country and to achieve excellence in Sports by running its various Sports Promotional Schemes and Academic Programmes through its nine Regional Centres and Sports Institutes.
To produce the world class Coaches in the country SAI is looking energetic and experienced Consultant/ Assistant Consultant and Assistant Professors for its Institutes (National Institute of Sports (NSNIS) Patiala, Netaji Subhas Southern Centre (NSSC) Banglore, Netaji Subhas Eastern Centre (NSEC) Kolkata and LNCPE, Thiruvananthapuram. These all are considered as premier Sports Institutes in the country. These Institutes are conducting Academic Training Courses/ Programmes and Master Degree in Sports Coaching.
The details of the vacancies along with eligibility criteria for recruitment are as under:
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 16-Sept-2013
Details of Job Positions:
- Consultant (Academics): 01 position at NSNIS, Patiala
- Assistant Consultant (Academics): 03 positions – One each at NSNIS, NSSC, & NSEC
- Assistant Professors (For Sports Coaching In 23 Sports disciplines): 29 Posts (NSNIS-14, NSSC-09, NSEC-04, LNCPE-02)
- Assistant Professors (For Sports Science): 21 Posts (NSNIS-07, NSSC-06, NSEC-05, LNCPE-03)
- For details of Sports-wise vacancies please refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/writereaddata/mainlinkFile/File1359.PDF
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- Consultant (Academics): The candidates selected for the job position will be remunerated up to Rs.150,000 per month.
- Assistant Consultant (Academics): The candidates selected for the job position will be remunerated up to Rs.80,000 per month
- Assistant Professors: The candidates selected for the job position will be remunerated up to Rs.60,000 per month
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per the rules of the Sports Authority of India
- Consultant (Academics): The candidates must have Ph.D. in any Sports or Sports Science discipline/ MD (Medicine)/ MD (Orthopaedics). Must also have at least 10 Years of Coaching and Teaching experience.
- Assistant Consultant (Academics): The candidates must have Ph.D. in any Sports or Sports Science discipline/ MD (Medicine)/ MD (Orthopaedics)/ MD (Sports Medicine). Must also have at least 5 Years of Coaching and Teaching experience.
- Assistant Professors (For Sports Coaching In 23 Sports disciplines): The candidates must have M.Sc. in Sports Coaching/M.Phil.(Sports)/ Ph.D, in particular sports with minimum 55% marks. Must have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC,CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. The candidate must have 3 years teaching experience in the subject in a recognized college.
- Assistant Professors (Sports Sciences): The candidates must have Ph.D in the relevant subject except for Sports Medicine for which M.D. in the relevant field/ MBBS with M.Sc. in the relevant subject. M.D. (Sports Medicine)/ M.S. (Orthopaedics)/ M.D. (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation)/ M.D. (Physiology) with 2 years experience in sports medicine.
- For candidates having PhD qualification, the condition of pass in NET will not be required
- Consultant (Academics): The applicant must not have crossed 62 years of age.
- Assistant Consultant (Academics): The applicant must not have crossed 50 years of age.
- Assistant Professors: The applicant must not have crossed 35 years of age.
- For SC/ST: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.500
- The fees can be remitted in shape of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Sports Authority of India” and payable at New Delhi
Period of Engagement:
The candidates selected will be engaged for 1 Academic Session on contractual norms. This may enhance to a maximum period of 3 years as per the decision of SAI.
Stages of Examination & Selection:
- The selection will be done on the basis of the Interview or Viva-Voice for these positions.
- The Interview / Viva-Voice will be conducted by the SAI at any place, which will be decided by SAI
- The final selection will be as per a merit performance in the interview/ Viva-Voice
How to apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions can apply through the prescribed format of application which can be obtained from the website of SAI at http://www.sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/writereaddata/mainlinkFile/File1359.PDF
- Due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The details of the advertisement should be referred to before submitting the application
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Application Form duly filled-in along with the Photocopy of certificates and fee payment receipt shall have to be submitted to the SAI at the address mentioned below by Registered Post/ Speed Post to the address, before the last date notified.
- Address to send the completed Application form:
Sports Authority of India (SAI)
East Gate, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>