The Symbiosis International University has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). NAAC is an autonomous body of the UGC. It has been rated among the best Management and Post Graduate Institutes in India.
The Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Exam is a test undertaken by students who wish to gain admission to all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University.
In order to get admission to any of the post graduate programme of Symbiosis International University one has to undergo the common entrance test which is popularly known as SNAP or Symbiosis National Aptitude Test. This is a compulsory test to make you eligible for entrance in any of the PG course. Since it is only the initial step to get admitted to a desired course one who manages to clear it would also have to undergo the selection procedure organise by a particular institute.
With effect from last year Symbiosis International University has introduced two additional tests for non MBA courses as follows:
- SIMC – MMC
- SIG – M.Sc., Geoinformatics
However a candidate will also be eligible for above two courses if he has appeared for SNAP.
Closing Date of Registration: 20th November, 2012
Closing Date of Payment: 23rd November, 2012
SNAP Test: 16th December, 2012
Declaration of SNAP Results: 10th January, 2013
There are three stages which a candidate has to undergo in order to pursue admission in post graduate course of symbiosis through SNAP test.
- Go to the website www.snaptest.org and get registered on-line here http://oamssnap.blueshiftindia.com/snap/website/
- You must have a scanned copy of your latest photograph at the time of registration.
- A Test Fee of Rs. 1550 will be charged with certain procedure. Follow the instructions carefully.
- A candidate is entitled to make any changes in his application only before the closing date of registrations i.e. 20th November, 2012.
- You can download your Admit Card from www.snaptest.org from 03rd December, 2012 to 16th December, 2012.
- Candidate must carry his original photo identity proof along with the admit card at the time of entrance test.
- No duplicate admit card will be issued in case of loss of original admit card.
- Candidates who are paying through cash or demand draft should have:
- For DD – Payment advice or Demand Draft form.
- For cash – Symbiosis copy for Axis Bank Challan.
- Demand draft details are as follows:
- In favour of: “Symbiosis Test Secretariat”
- Payable at Pune
- Amount: Rs. 1550/-
SNAP 2012 2013 Syllabus:
- General English, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning,Verbal Ability
- Quantitative,Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
SNAP 2012 2013 Result: January 10, 2013
In this stage the candidate has to complete the application procedure of a particular college in which he seeks admission.
- Candidate must have registered for SNAP 2012 before he applies to any institute.
- Go through the application and registration procedure of the institute by visiting its website.
- Candidate must pay a fee of Rs. 1000 as application fee for each institute.
- Anyone can make online payment through institute’s website or online payment option is also available on SNAP website for its various institutes.
- A person is entitled to apply for more than one institute.
In this stage the candidate has to go through the selection procedure of a particular institute in which he has applied.
- Each candidate will be awarded with a SNAP score card where scores are declared in the form of percentile.
- Scores will be awarded section wise.
- Candidate will be shortlisted for GE/PI on the basis of percentile.
- Percentile will be calculated as per the given table:
|SNAP score||180 scaled down to 40 marks|
|Attributes defined by the respective Institutes||20|
Note: SNAP 2012 score card will be considered as valid for entire academic year of 2013-2014. Candidate can seek admission in any Post Graduate institute of Symbiosis International University for the same academic year based on the score card.