Sikkim University, a Central University invites applications from interested and eligible candidates for the Teaching Posts as Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor.
Most Important Date:
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 30-April-2015
Name of the Positions along with Number of Vacancies Advertised:
- Professor: 25 Posts
- Associate Professor: 40 Posts
- Assistant Professor: 16 Posts
Department Wise Recruitment:
- Anthropology: 02 Posts
- Botany: 03 Posts
- Chemistry: 03 Posts
- Chinese: 04 Posts
- Commerce: 02 Posts
- Computer Applications: 05 Posts
- Economics: 01 Post
- Education: 03 Posts
- English: 01 Post
- Geography: 02 Posts
- Geology: 05 Posts
- Hindi: 02 Posts
- History: 04 Posts
- Horticulture: 05 Posts
- International Relations: 02 Posts
- Law:05 Posts
- Management: 03 Posts
- Mass Communication: 01 Post
- Mathematics: 04 Posts
- Microbiology: 01 Post
- Music: 03 Posts
- Peace & Conflict Studies and Management: 02 Posts
- Physics: 02 Posts
- Political Science:03 Posts
- Psychology: 04 Posts
- Sociology: 03 Posts
- Tourism: 02 Posts
- Zoology: 04 Posts
Qualification: As per UGC norms
Candidates must have passed Master’s degree in a relevant subject with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade; with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/ allied/ relevant disciplines.
Candidate should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/ SET.
- Candidates should have minimum ten years of teaching experience and/or experience in research for professor post.
- Candidates should have minimum eight years of teaching experience and/or experience in research for assistant professor post.
- Candidates should have minimum five years of teaching experience and/or experience in research for associate professor post.
For complete detail, please refer to official notification.
- Professor: Rs. 37400-67000/- + AGP of Rs. 10000/-
- Associate Professor: Rs. 37400-67000/- + AGP of Rs. 9000/-
- Assistant Professor: Rs. 15600-39100/- + AGP of Rs. 6000/-
Application Fee: Online Mode
- For SC/ ST/ OBC/ DA candidates: Rs. 150/-
- For All Other category candidates: Rs. 300/-
- Candidates can make the payment through online mode only.
Selection Process: Selection process will be based on written test/skill test/Interview.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the University website www.cus.ac.in.
Candidates must send all hard copy of the details details submitted online, by post to the Registrar, Sikkim University, 6th Mile, Samdur, Tadong, Gangtok, East Sikkim – 737102; for verification of the submitted scores.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official recruitment notification from Sikkim University, here, http://www.cus.ac.in/contents/2015/recruitment_2015/SU_Ad_Teaching_Recruitment_2015.pdf