SBI Recruitment 2013-14 For Various Clerical Cadre posts of Pharmacists, Control Room Operators and Armourer
As the behemoth of banking sector in India, State Bank of India (SBI) retains the glory of being the single largest bank of India since its inception. With its growth over post-independence era, it has merged many associate banks to its mainstream of operation and presently SBI with all its associate banks forms a mammoth size organization in banking and finance in India.
With a view to compete with the expansion and the trends of economical progress, SBI has announced to recruit almost 20000 posts in 2013. In line with the announcements, presently SBI invites competent individuals to join in Clerical Cadre posts of Pharmacists, Control Room Operators and Armourers in State Bank of India.
The details of the vacancies are described as under:
MOST VITAL DATES:
- On-line registration of Application From: 08-Nov-2013
- Payment of fee – Online mode: From 08-Nov-2013 to 22-Nov-2013
- Payment of fee – Offline mode: From 11-Nov-2013 to 26-Nov-2013
- Last date for Online Registration of Application: 22-Nov-2013
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy of Application: 03-Dec-2013
- Date for reckoning age and qualification: 01-Nov-2013
CADRE OF RECRUITMENT & NUMBER OF VACANCIES:
- Armourer: 12 Posts (OBC-2 & UR-10) (exclusively Reserved for Ex-servicemen)
- Control Room Operators (CROs): 36 Posts (SC-04, ST-01, OBC-06, UR-25) (exclusively Reserved for Ex-servicemen/ State Fire Service Personnel)
- Pharmacists: 28 Posts (SC-01, OBC-05, UR-22)
- The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.7200 – Rs.19300 along with other perks and remunerations.
- The candidates selected for these positions will serve the bank for a minimum probation period of 6 months.
- Before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of these employees whose performance fails to meet Bank’s expectation, may be extended.
ACADEMICS & EXPERIENCE:
- Armourer: The applicants must have completed 10+2 examination or equivalent or armed forces certificate equivalent to 10+2. They must have at least 10 years of completed color service in Electrical & Mechanical Engineers & (EME) Corps as an Armourer, in the minimum rank of Hawaldar with exemplary character.
- Control Room Operators (CROs): The applicants must have completed 10+2 examination or equivalent with 60% marks or armed forces special certificate equivalent to the same or Graduation Degree from a recognized university. They must have at least 10 years service in the armed forces or State Fire Services capable of dealing with the fire prevention measures and exigencies.
- Pharmacists: The applicants must have passed SSC or its equivalent examination and minimum Diploma in Pharmacy. Candidates with degree in Pharmacy will be preferred for these posts.
- The applicant must have attained minimum age of 18 years and must not have crossed maximum age of 28 years as on 01-Nov-2013.
- However there will be relaxation in the upper age limit for reserved category of candidates.
APPLICATION FEES/ INTIMATION CHARGES:
- For SC/ST/ PWD/ Ex-SM: Rs.50
- For General and Others: Rs.200
a) The fees can be paid through Master/ Visa Debit/ Credit Cards online
b) The fees can also be paid through the system generated fee payment challan at any branch of SBI after registration from the 2nd day till next three working days.
c) The application submission process will not be complete until an applicant deposits required fees
- The selection of candidates will be done through Online Written Test and Interview at the bank’s discretion.
- The candidates have to secure a minimum percentile of marks (as decided by the bank) along with passing in each section of the test
- The bank will be analysing the response of candidates with others in order to detect pattern of similarity. Such cases if detected will be liable for rejection and debarment from the selection procedure
HOW TO APPLY:
- The candidates can apply ONLINE only through the website of State Bank of India at www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in
- The aspirants are advised to fill in all details as indicated by the Online Application Form
- The aspirants are advised to refer to the website of the bank for instructions regarding uploading photograph and running signature at appropriate spaces
- The application may not be accepted unless a candidate does not upload his photograph and signature
- Only after payment of requisite fees, the application form will be considered as complete and can be considered for scrutiny and further selection
SENDING HARDCOPIES OF APPLICATION:
All candidates applying for the posts of Armourer/ Control Room Operator should forward a copy of printout of the application along with copies of documents showing Date of Birth, Educational Qualification, Technical Qualification, Experience, Service Certificate, Discharge Certificate etc to our address given below to reach on or before 03-Dec-2013.
State Bank of India,
Central Recruitment And Promotion Department
3rd Floor, Atlanta Building,
Plot No. 209, BBR, Block No.III,
Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021.
- Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature
- All candidates are advised to keep the print copy of the Online Application Form and the Original Fee receipt for subsequent phases of selection
- The candidates are also advised to keep a proof of their identity such as PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID for production as and when requested.