SAIL Recruitment 2015 for Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) at IISCO Steel Plant, Burnpur
With the recent notification from IISCO Steel Plant, one of its integrated Steel Plants of SAIL, at Burnpur, West Bengal, SAIL invites competent applications from individuals to join this versatile workforce as an Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee).
- The applicants selected for the Trainee profiles will be inducted in a Training Duration expanding over a minimum of 2 years. This may be further expanded if desired by SAIL.
- After successful completion of the training period the candidates will be inducted as technicians in the same scale of S-3 and will be placed under a probation for a period of 1 year from the date of completion of training/ Joining in the regular post.
- Starting Date for submission of Online Application: 31-December-2014
- Closing Date for submission of Online Application: 06-February-2015
Name of the Posts along with Vacancies:
Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) – 219 Posts
Discipline Wise Vacancies:
- Metallurgy: 46 Posts
- Mechanical: 107 Posts
- Chemical: 10 Posts
- Electrical: 56 Posts
Upper Age Limit: 28 years for unreserved candidates, 31 years for OBC category candidates, and 33 years for SC/ ST candidates as on 01-January-2015.
Candidate should have completed Matriculation with 3 years full time Diploma in engineering in Metallurgy / Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical discipline from Government Recognized Institute.
The selected applicants will be eligible for a stipend of Rs.10700 per month in the first year of their training and Rs.12200 in the second year of their training period. After successful completion they will be eligible to receive a scale pay in the range of Rs.16800 -3%- 24110, in the S-3 Grade.
- For General, OBC and departmental candidates (OCT Trainee Posts): Rs.250/- as Application + Rs. 50/- as Processing fee
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from payment of Application and Processing fees.
- Candidates can pay the fee in form State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the application and processing fee, in a specially opened “Power Jyoti” account number -31932241266 at Burnpur, on behalf of IISCO Steel Plant, SAIL.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Scrutiny of Candidature
- Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates may apply online through the official website of Steel Authority of India Limited, www.sail.co.in
For more detail on this recruitment such as relaxation in age limit, breakout of vacancies/ reservations, required physical standards, detail selection process, and other important guidelines please refer to official recruitment advertisement from SAIL here http://sailcareers.com/pdf/OCTT%20advt.pdf