Odisha PSC Recruitment 2014 For Dental Surgeon Group-A under Odisha Medical (Dental) Service
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is a statutory organization at the state level, functioning as a nodal agency for competent selection of candidates for various Group B and Group A positions in the state. Since its bifurcation from the Bihar-Orissa Public Service Commission, this Public Service Commission is working tirelessly for recruiting higher level candidates in the Public Services of Government of Odisha. The commission is functioning as per the guidelines of the Union Public Service Commission as functioning at the central level.
With the recent requirement from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Odisha, the OPSC is inviting competent applications from candidates for selection of 211 numbers of Dental Surgeons under Odisha Medical (Dental) Service Group-A (Jr.). These posts are announced under the Health and Family Welfare Department of the State Government.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Posts:
- Dental Surgeons under Odisha Medical (Dental) Service Cadre Group-A (Junior)
Total no of posts: 211 Posts
- Out of these, 37 posts (12 for Women) are reserved for SC, 50 posts (15 for Women) for ST, 24 (08 for Women) posts are reserved for SEBC candidates and remaining 100 posts (33 for Women) are reserved for UR candidates.
- There are also 06 Posts reserved for Ex-Servicemen, 06 Posts for PWD candidates and 02 posts reserved for Meritorious Sportspersons.
- Starting date of receipt of application form through online mode: 12-Feb-2014
- Last date of receipt of application form through online mode: 12-Mar-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for payment of Application Fees at any Branch of SBI: 14-Mar-2014 till working hours
- Last date for receipt of Hardcopy of the Application with all documents: 27-Mar-2014 till 05:00PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2014
Essential Eligibility Factors:
Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2014. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be submitted in terms of matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate.
Minimum Educational Qualification: A candidate must have obtained Bachelors degree in Dental Surgery (BDS) and should have registered with Dental Council of India.
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The applicant selected for these positions will be eligible to receive a Pay Band of PB-III in the range of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 along with other allowances.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Career Assessment and Written tests.
- 30% weightage will be offered to Career Assessment and 70% weightage to be given to Written Test.
- The Commission at its discretion will select the candidates competently on a merit basis.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 300/- through a Fee Payment challan at any Branch of the State Bank of India within the last date for submission of Application
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The format of the fee payment challan can be downloaded from the website of the Commission
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply ONLINE for the posts by logging into the official site of OPSC at http://www.opsc.gov.in.
- Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided at the same portal. Candidates are advised to read the detailed advertisement at www.opsc.gov.in/Admin/RecrAttachments/231314.pdf, before filling up the Online Application.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload a recent passport size photograph, signature & left hand thumb impression.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the Odisha PSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for Odisha PSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. can be downloaded from the website of the Odisha PSC
- On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form.
- The form can be sent by speed post or registered post to the commission’s office so as to reach by 27-Mar-2014
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF DENTAL SURGEON IN THE RANK OF CLASS-I (JUNIOR)”.
- Address to send the completed application form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. PK Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>