Recruitment of Regular Posts in Western Onshore Basin – Vadodara
Employment Advertisement No: R-03/2012(R&P)
About the Company:
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is the flagship Company from India which has attained its MAHARATNA status in April, 2012 and has been ranked the 2nd in the world in the Energy and Petroleum Sector. As far as compensation is considered, this company offers one of the best compensation packages in the industry. With a merit oriented advancement and professionally controlled organization this company renowned for offering the finest CTC (Cost-to-Company) packages to its employees. Consistent growth is the major driving force for this which has registered 13% growth in the financial year 2011. ONGC has been awarded “Most Attractive Employer” by Ma Foi Randstad.
Most essential nature of Job:
As the nature of most of the job profiles demand outdoor field works in shift duties, and require acute technical skills and understanding, the candidates are required to get ready mentally and physically to adopt such job profiles. The jobs are semi-mobile in nature and therefore may be subject to onshore-offshore transfers within the country.
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of receipt of Online application: 26th of November 2012
- Last date for receipt of Online application: 18th of December 2012
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of application by post: 4th of January 2013
- Tentative Date of written examination: 3rd of February 2013
Vacancies: For details log in to the ONGC portal at www.ongcindia.com
Total Number of vacancies – A1 Level – 310 and A2-Level 173 positions
A1 Level of Posts: Rs.11000 – Rs. 24000 (Total monthly emolument would be around Rs.29000 per month
A2 Level of Posts: Rs.12000 – Rs. 27000 (Total monthly emolument would be around Rs.32000 per month
Criteria with respect to Age:
- All candidates should be within a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 30 years for General, 33 years for OBC, 35 Years for SC/ST and 40 years for PWD candidates. However in case of candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST from PWDs will be allowed additional 3 / 5 years as applicable.
- The reference age will be reckoned as on 18th December 2012.
- In case of PWD, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates the age relaxation will be applicable as per company norms
Mode of Application:
The applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the website of ONGC at www.ongcindia.com. No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
The print out of the online application along with all supporting documents must be sent to the following address as per the mentioned dates: (i.e. before 4th of January 2013)
Post Box No.12026,
Cossipore Post Office, Kolkata- 700 002
- For General and OBC : Rs. 250
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 50
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All fees are to be remitted as a Bank Challan in any branch of SBI in favor of ONGC Power Jyoti, A/C No: 30827318409, Branch Code No.1576
- The fees also can be transferred ONLINE through Net banking
- The selection will be based on i) Written Test, ii) Physical Tests (Where ever applicable) and iii) Personal Interview
- The written test will be of Objective Type and solely based on the educational qualification asked for a particular post and in case the patter of education are similar for some levels the level of educational requirements with A-II level will be followed for question patterns
- Candidates short-listed for Interview will have to upload scanned proof of certificates or else, they may not be allowed for interview process
Information to be at hand for filling up Online application:
- Complete abidance to terms and conditions of eligibility norms as available online at www.ongcindia.com
- Valid email ID with validity for minimum period of six months from the date of application
- Challan downloaded from the website, completely filled in and fee deposited in concerned account
- Recent passport size photograph within 40KB, Bank Challan within 100KB and signature scanned within 20KB size
Steps for Applying Online:
- Logon to www.ongcindia.com (ONGC website) and click on “Apply Online”
- Select the post candidate wants to apply and fill in the requisite details in the online application format
- Preview the entered details, edit if required otherwise submit the application
- Once you submit the Application, the System will generate a unique Registration Number, password, an E- mail will be sent to you mentioning the same.
- Take a printout of your Registered Application by clicking on the name of the post under Print Form Section. Registration slip consists of your basic details like name, category, post(s) applied for and test centre opted.
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip, Challan and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Keep a NOC from concerned employer in case the applicant is working in any Govt. Organization/PSU
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates.