Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is one of the most acclaimed Maharatna Company in India which has been ranked the 2nd in the world as per the statistics of the Energy and Petroleum Sector. Consistent growth is the major driving force for a job in ONGC and this company has registered 13% growth in the financial year 2011. ONGC has been awarded “Most Attractive Employer” by Ma Foi Randstad.
Over 56 years of its existence ONGC has crossed many a milestone to realize the energy dreams of India. The journey of ONGC, over these years, has been a fable of conviction, courage and commitment. From a modest beginning, ONGC has grown to be one of the largest Energy and Petroleum companies in the world in terms of reserves and production.
ONGC- Southern Sector invites applications from young and energetic Indian Citizens for selection to the under mentioned Posts. The applicants should have registered with any of the Employment Exchanges / Professional and Executive Employment Offices in the State of Tamil Nadu. The Employment Exchange Certificate/ Registration Card should be valid during the Online Registration Process.
Recruitment Advertisement No. 01/2013
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Registration of application: 16-April-2013 1000 hours
- Last date for Online Registration of application: 06-May-2013 1800 hours
- Last date for receipt of registration slip: 16-May-2013 1800 hours
- Tentative Date of written examination: 09-June-2013 (forenoon)
Vacancies: For details log in to the ONGC portal at www.ongcindia.com
Total Number of vacancies –
- A-1 Level – 05 posts (Junior Assistant (Accounts) – 1 post, Junior Security Supervisor – 2 posts, Junior Assistant (Steno-English) – 2 posts)
- A-2 Level – 13 posts (Technical Assistant Gr. III (Chemistry) – 06 posts, Assistant Gr. III (Transport) – 1 post, Assistant Technician (Electronics) – 2 posts, Security Supervisor – 1 post, Assistant Gr. III (Accounts) – 1 post & Assistant Gr. III (Material Management) – 2 posts)
- Junior Assistant (Accounts) – 1 post (UR) – Must have passed B.Com. with typing proficiency of 30 wpm and a Certificate/ Diploma of minimum 6 months duration in Computer Applications.
- Junior Security Supervisor – 2 posts (UR) – Must have passed Intermediate with at least 6 months training/ experience in security. Will be subject to Physical Test.
- Junior Assistant (Steno English) – 2 posts (UR) – Must have passed Graduate with Typing speed 30 wpm and shorthand at 80 wpm Certificate/ Diploma of minimum 6 months duration in Computer Applications.
a) Technical Assistant Gr.III (Chemistry) – 6 posts (SC-1, OBC-1, UR-4) – Must have passed Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry
b) Assistant Grade-III (Transport) – 1 post (UR) – Must have passed 3 years Diploma in Auto / Mechanical Engineering / Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management/ Administration OR Post Graduate. The candidate should posses a valid Heavy Vehicle Driving License
c) Assistant Technician (Electronics) – 2 posts (UR) – Must have passed 3 years Diploma in Electronics/ Telecom / E&T Engineering OR, M.Sc in Physics with Electronics
d) Security Supervisor – 1 post (UR) – Must have passed Graduate with relevant experience in security. Physical Standard Test and Physical Fitness Test will be applicable for this post
e) Assistant Grade-III (Accounts) – 1 post (UR) – Must have passed PG Degree in Commerce / Graduate in Commerce with one year Diploma in Finance & Accounts/ ICWA (Inter)/ CA (Inter).
f) Assistant Grade-III (Materials Management) – 2 posts (UR) – Must have passed 3 years Diploma in Materials Management/ Inventory/ Stock Control OR, 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Materials Management
NOTE: For Gen and OBC candidates minimum pass percentage is 60% and for SC/ST it is at 50%. There will be no such criteria for Departmental candidates where a simple pass will be acceptable
- A-1 Level of Posts: Rs.11000 – Rs. 24000 (Total monthly emolument would be around Rs.27000 per month including other perks and allowances)
- A-2 Level of Posts: Rs.12000 – Rs. 27000 (Total monthly emolument would be around Rs.30000 per month including other perks and allowances)
Criteria with respect to Age:
- All candidates should be within a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 30 years.
- The reference age will be reckoned as on 20-April-2013.
- In case of Sc, ST, PWD, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates the age relaxation will be applicable as per company norms
- For General and OBC : Rs. 300
- For SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Sm: Rs. 100
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates are required to pay Registration Fee vide SBI Challan downloadable from www.ongcindia.com. This fee has to be paid to ONGC Account No. 30827318409. Branch Code: 1576.
- The selection will be based on i) Written Test, ii) Physical Standard/ Fitness Tests (Where ever applicable) and iii) Personal Interview
- The candidates will have to qualify at each stage separately and in aggregate.
Mode of Application:
The applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the website of ONGC at www.ongcindia.com. No other modes of application will ever be accepted.
The print out of the online application along with all supporting documents and proof of fee payment must be sent to the following address as per the mentioned dates: (i.e. on or before 16-May-2013)
The Advertiser (ONGC-SS)
Post Box No.–9248
Krishna Nagar Head Post Office
Information to be at hand for filling up Online application:
- Complete abidance to terms and conditions of eligibility norms as available online at www.ongcindia.com
- Valid email ID with validity for minimum period of six months from the date of application
- SBI Challan downloaded from the website, completely filled in and fee deposited in concerned account
- Recent passport size photograph within 40KB, Bank Challan within 100KB and signature scanned within 20KB size
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip, Challan and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates
- Online Registration Slip has to be forwarded to the designated address by Ordinary Post only. Registered / Speed Post / Courier Service will not be accepted.
- The envelope containing application should be super-scribed as “CHENNAI – Application for the post of ________________”
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here ONGC Recruitment 2013 For Assistant Grade in Southern Sector, Chennai.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>