Odisha SSC Recruitment 2014 For 154 Posts Of Laboratory Assistants (Post code-L1-L-18) Under DTET
Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is the state level nodal agency for selecting candidates by conducting competent evaluation and recruiting the candidates in multiple departments and their subsidiary organizations as and when required by the departments for their service purpose. The OSSC is making a lot of effort to frame out the guidelines for selection and conducting a dedicated evaluation of the candidature to select the best suitable persons for various state government positions.
With the recent requirement from the Directorate of Technical Education and Training (DTET), the OSSC has released a notification regarding inviting competent candidates for filling up contractual vacant posts of Laboratory Assistants to be posted under 22 Government Polytechnics in the state.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Post: Laboratory Assistant (in various Disciplines)
Total no of posts: 154 Posts (Out of which, 50 posts are reserved for Women. Out of the complete posts 25 posts are reserved for SC, 34 posts for ST and 43 posts are reserved for SEBC candidates. Remaining 52 posts are marked for UR candidates with this order. There are also 04 post marked reserved for Ex-SM, 06 posts for PWD and 02 posts marked for Sportspersons.
- Date of publication of notification: 26-Dec-2013
- Last date of registration of Online Application: 27-Jan-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for submission of hardcopy of Online Application: 04-Feb-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2013
Category-Wise Break up of vacancies:
- L-1 – Laboratory Assistant (Civil): 22 Posts (SC-04, ST-05, UR-06, SEBC-07)
- L-2 – Laboratory Assistant (Electrical): 22 Posts (SC-02, ST-07, UR-08, SEBC-05)
- L-3 – Laboratory Assistant (Mechancial): 22 Posts (SC-04, ST-04, UR-10, SEBC-04)
- L-3 – Laboratory Assistant (Workshop-Mechanical): 22 Posts (SC-02, ST-09, UR-05, SEBC-06)
- L-4 – Laboratory Assistant (Electronics & Telecomm-ETC): 13 Posts (SC-01, ST-02, UR-03, SEBC-07)
- L-5 – Laboratory Assistant (Metallurgy): 03 Posts (SC-01, ST-05, UR-01)
- L-6 – Laboratory Assistant (Applied Electronics & Instrumentation): 03 Posts (SC-01, SEBC-02)
- L-7 – Laboratory Assistant (IT): 03 Posts (SC-01, UR-02)
- L-8 – Laboratory Assistant (Comp Science): 02 Posts (ST-01, SEBC-01)
- L-9 – Laboratory Assistant (Plastic Engg): 01 Post (UR)
- L-10 – Laboratory Assistant (Manufacturing Engg): 01 Post (UR-F)
- L-11 – Laboratory Assistant (Automobile Engg): 02 Posts (UR)
- L-12 – Laboratory Assistant (Printing Technology): 01 Post (SEBC)
- L-13 – Laboratory Assistant (Mechatronics): 01 Post (SC)
- L-14 – Laboratory Assistant (Physics): 11 Posts (SC-01, ST-03, UR-07)
- L-15 – Laboratory Assistant (Production Engg): 01 Post (SEBC)
- L-16 – Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Engg): 01 Post (SC)
- L-17 – Laboratory Assistant (Mining Engg): 01 Post (SC)
- L-18 – Laboratory Assistant (Chemistry): 22 Posts (SC-05, ST-02, UR-06, SEBC-09)
- The candidates who will be selected for this post will receive a contractual consolidated remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 per month
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable for these candidates as per rules.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 18 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2013. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate or Birth Certificate issued by competent authorities.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: The candidates must have Completed 3 years Diploma in Engineering in concerned branches of Engineering in 1st Division OR, Should have completed Graduation (10+2+3) in 1st Division with PCM with Physics Honors for LA(Physics) OR, Should have completed Graduation (10+2+3) in 1st Division with PCM with Chemistry Honors for LA(Chemistry).
For LA (Workshop) a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 1st Division will be eligible.
- Competency: The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia language. They should have passed ME standard (7th Class) in Odia language/ HSC with Odia as a subject
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Written Examination as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- The selection list will be prepared on the basis of the results of Written Examination.
- Candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay Rs 100/- through a treasury challan in favour of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The candidates can also pay the fees online through the e-Treasury Challan as available at the website of Odisha Treasury at www.odishatreasury.gov.in
How to apply: Apply Online Here
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of www.odishassc.in. Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided here.
- Before applying online the candidates are requested to read through the detailed advertisement at http://www.odishassc.in/pdf/web%20.Lab.%20Asst%20advt.pdf
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the SSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- The envelope containing Detailed Application Form (DAF) must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF LABORATORY ASSISTANT”
- Address to send the completed application form by Speed Post/ Registered Post:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.