Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is a statutory organization at the state level, functioning as a nodal agency for competent selection of candidates for various Group B and Group A positions in the state. Since its bifurcation from the Bihar-Orissa Public Service Commission, this Public Service Commission is working tirelessly for recruiting higher level candidates in the Public Services of Government of Odisha. The commission is functioning as per the guidelines of the Union Public Service Commission as functioning at the central level.
With the recent requirement from the Department of Higher Education, the OPSC invites applications from competent candidates for selection of 281 numbers of Lecturers in different disciplines through the Odisha Education Service (College Branch).
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under: Advertisement No: 05 OF 2013-14
Name of the Posts: Lecturers under Odisha Education Service (College Branch)
Total no of posts: 281 Posts Out of which 44 (Women-14) post is reserved for SC, 62 (Women-20) posts for ST and 31 (Women-8) posts are reserved for SEBC candidates and remaining 144 (Women-41) posts are reserved for UR candidates. Out of the total vacancies, 09 posts are reserved for PWD, 05 Posts for Ex-Servicemen and 01 Post for meritorious sportspersons.
- Starting date of receipt of application form through online mode: 27-May-2013
- Last date of receipt of application form through online mode: 31-July-2013 till 11:59 PM
- Last date for payment of Application Fees at any Branch of SBI: 03-August-2013 till working hours
- Last date for receipt of Hardcopy of the Application with all documents: 14-August-2013 till 05:00PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2013
Details of vacancies: Total 281 Posts
- Anthropology: 06 Posts (1-woman)
- Botany: 25 Posts (5-Women)
- Chemistry: 30 Posts (10-Women)
- Commerce: 35 Posts (12-Women)
- Computer Science: 23 Posts (7- Women)
- Geography: 06 Posts (1-Woman)
- Geology: 02 Posts
- Hindi: 03 posts
- Library Science: 02 posts
- Logic & Philosophy: 01 post
- Odia: 08 posts (2-Women)
- Physics: 31 posts (10-Women)
- Political Science: 22 posts (8-Women)
- Psychology: 17 posts (5-Women)
- Sanskrit: 18 posts (5-Women)
- Statistics: 01 post
- Urdu: 01 post
- Zoology: 50 (17-Women)
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached over 33 as on 01-Jan-2013. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be submitted in terms of matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: A candidate must possess a Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with at least 55% (50% for SC, ST) of marks or its equivalent grade with a 2nd Class in the Bachelor’s Degree. The candidate must have cleared NET/SLET/SET, but for candidates having PhD qualification, the NET/SLET/SET clause will be ignored.
- Native Language Proficiency: The candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia and should have had Odia as a subject in the Upper Primary (M.E) or any equivalent examination failing which he/she shall be required to pass an examination in Odia of Upper Primary ( Middle School) standard during his/her period of probation
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
The applicant selected for these positions will be eligible to receive a Pay Band of PB-III in the range of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs.6000 along with other allowances.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of Career Assessment and Viva-Voice tests. The Commission at its discretion will select the candidates for competent selection.
- Candidates other than SC/ST from the state of Odisha and PWD have to pay Rs.200 through a Fee Payment challan at any Branch of the State Bank of India within the last date for submission of Application
- SC/ ST from the state of Odisha and PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The format of the fee payment challan can be downloaded from the website of the Commission
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply ONLINE for the posts by logging into the official site of OPSC at http://opsconline.gov.in/ or at http://opsc.gov.in . Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided at the same portal.
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and upload a recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the Odisha PSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for Odisha PSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the Odisha PSC
- On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form.
- The form can be sent by speed post or registered post to the commission’s office so as to reach by 14-August-2013
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR LECTURER IN………………. (Concerned subject) and Advertisement No.”
- Address to send the completed application form:
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. PK Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>