The Police department of Odisha is one of the most vital departments of the state controlling the law and order of this state, which has been dominated with naxalite movements for quite a few years. The Odisha Special Armed Police (OSAP) is offering a distinct service for combating such anti-state activities along with their other law and order activities. There is also some special Police departments have been formed to combat the naxalite movement especially and Special Security Battalion is one such special wing of Odisha Police.
The State Selction Board for Odisha Police has recently announced notification for induction of 732 Sepoy and 1385 Police Constables in various disciplines across various reserved battalions and Special Battalions of the state.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under. As usual being a state government job, this bears adequate security and other benefits with a standard pay scale and remunerations.
Most Important Dates:
- Last Date Of receipt of Completed Application: 25-June-2013
- Date for Physical Measurement/ Fitness Test (at designated centers): 25-July-2013 from 7:00AM onwards
Details of Battalion-wise Vacancies:
For Sepoy: Total 731 vacancies
- Odisha Special Armed Police (OSAP) 3rd Battalion, Koraput: 97 Vacancies
- OSAP 4th Battalion, Sector-21, Rourkela: 64 Vacancies
- OSAP 5th Battalion, Rangmatia, Baripada: 93 Vacancies
- OSAP 6th Battalion, OMP Chowk, Cuttack: 110 Vacancies
- OSAP 8th Battalion, Chhatrapur, Ganjam: 44 Vacancies
- OSAP 2nd Special Security Battalion, Keonjhar: 130 Vacancies
- OSAP 4th Special Security Battalion, Malkangiri: 194 Vacancies
For Constables in Indian Reserve (IR) Battalion: Total 1385 vacancies
- 1st Indian Reserve (IR) Battalion, Upper-Kolab, Koraput: 82 vacancies
- 4th Indian Reserve (IR) Battalion, Bamparda, Deogarh: 82 vacancies
- 6th Indian Reserve (IR) Battalion, New Reserve Police Line, Khurda: 179 vacancies
- 7th IR Battalion (Special), SP Office Campus, Malkangiri: 521 vacancies
- 8th IR Battalion (Special), SP Office Campus, Kondhmal: 521 vacancies
- For vacancies details candidates can log on for the detained advertisement at http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The selected applicants will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.2000 along with other perks and remunerations.
Registration in Employment Exchange:
The applicants must have registered their names in any of the Employment Exchanges of the state by the date of publication of this advertisement.
- The candidates need to have completed 10th Standard (High School Certificate exam) along with the prescribed Physical Standard to eligible for consideration.
- The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia language. They should have passed ME standard (7th Class) in Odia language
- Police Constable – The applicant should be within 18-23 years of age as on 01-Jan-2013
- Note: Age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, BC candidates as per rules
- Height: 168 cm (163 cm for SC/ST)
- Chest (normal): 79 Cm (76 cm for SC/ST)
- Chest (expanded): 84 cm (81 cm for SC/ST)
- Weight: 55kg (50 kg for SC/ST)
- Apart from this standard the candidates have to pass through Physical Endurance Test
- Rs.150 for General and OBC category
- No application fee for SC/ST
- Application Form Cost: Rs.35 for all categories
- The fee can be paid through Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order in favor of the Commandant of the Battalion/ SP of the concerned district (details are available at the original advertisement). The form as can be downloaded from the website of Biju Patnaik Police Academy at http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in
- For details of addresses for making the DD/ IPO can be found from the above website
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages at the concerned selection grounds: (for details log on to http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in)
- Verification of documents
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of the Biju Patnaik Police Academy at http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in
- The applications can also be purchased on submission of Demand Draft/ IPO at the offices concerned (amount Rs.35)
- The candidates can submit only One Application.
- The candidates have to complete their application form and send that to the address specified for each district in the detailed advertisement at the above website, so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application
- The benefits of age relaxation will be applicable for natives of Odisha State only.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh