India plays a significant role in development of information technology and software industry in the whole world. India has evolved enormously in IT and software fields as compare to other developing and developed nations. That development and growth of the country is influenced by the excellent institutes ofIndiaby providing world class education in software and information technology to the students to make them perfect IT professionals.
NIMCET (National Institute of Technology- MCA Common Entrance Test) is an exam especially for those who have aspiration to make significant achievement in the field of software development and information technology. The National Institute of Technology- Trichy, Tamil Nadu conducts this common entrance test for MCA program. These entrance test marks are taken into account for admission by all NIT‘s which has an MCA course on offer. Based on the marks obtained in entrance test, institute will admit the students for the same by counseling method. With enormous popularity and high degree of acceptance makes this entrance examination one of the most reputed entrance examinations for MCA admission in NITs.
What you required for applying the NIMCET exam?
- You have to secure at least 60% marks in +2 examinations with Math as one of the main subjects.
- You should possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University/College with 60% marks in any one of the following subjects (Elementary Mathematics, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Business Statistics, Computational Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, Computer Science and Computer Applications).
- If you have completed senior secondary exam without math, you should pass single math exam conducted by open schools at state or central board. These results are also taken into consideration when you apply for the exam.
- You must be an Indian citizen to appear the exam. If you are a final year graduate, you are eligible for NIMCET Examination.
What is the pattern of examination?
A simple written examination (OMR sheet) with 120 objective questions and each question carries 4 marks. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. But no negative marks for not answering the questions.
The question paper comprises of questions in the following subjects areas. They are Mathematics (45 questions), Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning (40 questions), Computer Awareness (10 questions) and General English (25 questions).
What is the Syllabus for NIMCET exam?
- Mathematics: This chapter focuses to evaluate candidates’ knowledge in set theory, integrals, vectors, properties of triangles, algebra, logarithms, trigonometry, calculus, determinants and matrices and formulae etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: Basically this section covers the quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning. There is a passage describing the situation and you have to answer logically to the questions basing on the information on the passages.
- · Computer Awareness: This section ensures the candidates knowledge level in computer fundamentals, Boolean algebra, computer hardware, memory, truth table, Venn diagram, binary arithmetic and data representation.
- General English: This section subjectively testifies the general language proficiency in the candidate with basic English structure, grammar, punctuations, articles prepositions, idioms and phrases, synonyms and antonyms, etc.
If you are planning for a successful career through MCA, NIMCET can offer you that advantage for continuing your education through reputed NITs in India. So, its highly recommended to prepare well and appear confidently for a success in this entrance examination.