Medical Services Recruitment Board, Tamil Nadu Recruitment 2014 For 2176 Posts of Asst. Surgeon (General)/ Asst. Surgeon (Dental)
Functioning with effect from 6-Feb-2012, the Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB) under the Government of Tamil Nadu has been established with the objective of making appointments of various categories of staff in the Health and Family Welfare Department under the State Government of Tamil Nadu.
With the present initiative from MRB, Tamil Nadu a notice has been served for induction of Doctors in various specialties. There is an estimated vacancy of 2142 Assistant Surgeons (General) and 34 Assistant Surgeon (Dental) with this advertisement, which includes 91 backlog posts for Asst. Surgeon (General).
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility to participate in this recruitment rally are detailed as under:
- Date of notification: 10-Aug-2014
- Last date for receipt of Online Application: 01-Sep-2014
- Last date for Payment of fees through bank: 03-Sep-2014
- Date & time of written examination: 28-Sep-2014 (forenoon 10 AM- 1 PM)
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 01-Jul-2015
Details of vacancies and Specialties: Total: 2176 Posts
- Code No-001: Assistant Surgeon (General-MBBS): 2142 Posts (2051 regular + 91 backlog)
- Code No-003: Assistant Surgeon (Dental) (General-BDS + Specialty): 34 Posts
- For details of the Specialty wise vacancies candidate can check the complete advertisement at http://www.mrb.tn.gov.in/pdf/notification_05_2014_100814.pdf
- There will be appropriate reservation for back-ward classes of communities as per state government rules.
Educational Qualification Experience:
- For Assistant Surgeon (General): The candidates must have obtained a formal MBBS Degree to be eligible to apply for these posts.
- For Assistant Surgeon (Dental): The candidates must have obtained a formal BDS Degree along with MDS (Paedodontia)/ MDS (Orthodontia/ Conservative Dentistry) to be eligible to apply for these posts.
Apart from this:
- The applicant must have registered as a practitioner within the meaning of the Madras Medical Act
- Must have served as House Surgeon for a period of at least 12 months
- The applicant should have registered their name in the Tamil Nadu Medical Council / Tamil Nadu Dental Council
- The applicant should poses adequate knowledge in Tamil.
- Assistant Surgeon (General MBBS): The applicant should not have crossed Maximum age limit of 35 years as on 1-July-2015
- Assistant Surgeon-Dental (General + Specialty): The applicant should not have crossed Maximum age limit of 30 years as on 1-July-2015
- However, there is no max age specified for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC&DCs, BCs, BCMs candidates/ applicants.
- The selected candidates will be eligible for a pay as per the criteria for Tamil Nadu Medical Services in the scale of PB-III in the range of Rs.15600- Rs.39100 and a Grade Pay of Rs.5400.
- For General Unreserved Candidates: Rs.750 only
- For SC, ST candidates: Rs.375 only
- The fees can be remitted through offline mode in cash or through online mode through NEFT at any branch of Indian Bank
- In addition, candidates have to pay the service charges applicable to the Indian Bank (in case of offline payments)
Selection of Candidates:
- The selection will be made based on the marks obtained in the Written Examination, duly following the rules of reservation and communal rotation of Government of Tamil Nadu.
How to Apply:
- The candidates fulfilling eligibility conditions should apply through online mode at the website of Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB) at http://www.mrbexam.in/ or at http://www.mrb.tn.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification as available at http://www.mrb.tn.gov.in/pdf/notification_05_2014_100814.pdf, prior to applying online
- The candidates should complete all requisite information as specified in the online application form
- Any wrong, misleading information may result in rejection of candidature
- The fees can be deposited on the same day of registration through Net banking
- The fees can be deposited till the next two days of registration through off line mode through system generated fee payment challan at any branch of Indian Bank
- The applicants are required to upload their scanned copy of color photograph and signature as per the specified location on the application form
- The applicant’s Mobile number and e-mail ID are mandatory for registration
- In the event of selection, the candidate shall serve in Government Primary Health Centers for a period of not less than three years excluding any period spent on training, leave or higher education
- Successful candidate shall join duty within 30 days the date of receipt of appointment orders
- The applicants are advised to read and familiarize themselves with “Instructions to the Candidates” on the website www.mrbexam.in