Meghalaya Board Of School Education Making Innovative Ideas For Its Full Functioning
The main board of education in the state of Meghalaya is Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBOSE). The board came into existence on 25th September 1973, under the Meghalaya Board of School Education Act, 1973. The board’s inauguration was made by the Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Late Captain W.A Sagma on 19th October 1963.
Pattern of Meghalaya Board of School Education:
The MBOSE conducts two main examinations annually.
- SSLC: Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examinations are conducted at the end of class X.
- HSSLC: Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examinations are conducted at the end of class XII.
The Wings of the MBSE
The Meghalaya Board of School Education consists of seven main wings which includes:
- Administrative Wing.
- SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examinations are conducted at the end of class X) wing.
- Academic Wing.
- HSSLC wing.
- ITES wing.
- Accounts wing.
- Regional office, Shillong.
Mission of Meghalaya Board of School Education
- Educating and empowering the students and teachers of the state of Meghalaya.
- To enhance academic excellence by preparing students to survive in knowledge based society.
- Preparing students to make decisions on their own and be good leaders.
- Striving hard for the physical, mental, emotional and cultural development of the students.
- Production of an effective and quality educational system so that students can keep up with challenges in their jobs in future.
- Maximum usage of information and communication technology to reach out to students so that they get detailed information regarding board’s working.
To bring maximum number of girl students to school awareness programs as well as schemes like bicycles to girls from class 8 and above are provided by the board. The agenda have been successful as there is a considerable increase in girl candidates in the schools under the Meghalaya Board of School Education.
Scholarship for SC/ST students
Scholarship provision is made for students under SC/ST category so that they can pursue the higher education. Provisional advantage is in the form of fee concession or in the form of stipend so that they don’t find any barrier in pursuing education.
Benefits for students and teachers
Meghalaya Board of School Education imparts free and compulsory education which is under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan. Students get their benefit of mid-day meals along with quality education and teachers are provided with special provision in academic resource and textbooks. Training is given to teachers to help them relate with the students so that they can be more productive academically.
Emphasis is given on language as well as subjects by the board and qualifying each subject is given weightage so that students make good results in the final exams. Vocational training is another significant feature provided to the students of higher secondary. The board awards certificate of qualification when the exam is qualified. Students who are about to write SSLC and HSSLC are given special coaching by the schools under the board since it is insisted.