Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination, 2013
Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a statutory organization at the state level, functioning as a nodal agency for competent selection of candidates for various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ positions in the state. Since its establishment this Public Service Commission is working tirelessly for recruiting higher level candidates with competent selection for the Public Services of Government of Manipur. The commission is functioning as per the guidelines of the Union Public Service Commission as functioning at the central level.
With the recent notification, the Manipur PSC invites applications from competent candidates for selection of various vacancies in the State Civil Service Cadre.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for application are as under: Manipur PSC Advertisement No: 02/2013
- Last date for Submission of Application: 09-Sept-2013
- Date of availability of Admit Card: After 30-Sept-2013
- Date of Preliminary Written Examination: 13-Oct-2013
Name of the Posts:
- Manipur Civil Service (Grade-II): 22 vacancies (UR-10, SC-1, ST-7, OBC-4)
- Manipur Police Service(Grade-II): 25 vacancies (UR-13, ST-8, OBC-4)
- Manipur Finance Service(Grade-III): 28 vacancies (UR-15, ST-9, OBC-4)
- Sub-Deputy Collector: 15 vacancies (UR-8, ST-5, OBC-2)
- Election Officer: 01 Position (UR)
Total Vacancies: 91 Positions (SC-01, ST-29, OBC-14 & UR-47 Positions & posts are reserved for Women, Ex-SM and PWD candidates as per rules)
Scale of Pay:
- Manipur Civil Service (Grade-II): Pay Band-II Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with GP Rs.5400
- Manipur Police Service(Grade-II): Pay Band-II Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with GP Rs.5400
- Manipur Finance Service(Grade-III): Pay Band-II Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with GP Rs.4400
- Sub-Deputy Collector: Pay Band-II Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with GP Rs.4400
- Election Officer: Pay Band-II Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with GP Rs.4400
- Apart from reservations for SC/ST, Women & PWD candidates from the state of Manipur only, will also be eligible to obtain local reservation.
- There will be no reservation for the candidates from other states and all such candidates will be treated under the Unreserved category
- The interested candidates must have obtained a Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a recognized institute.
- Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications are also eligible to apply
- The candidates must have obtained a minimum of 21 years and must not have crossed max. age of 30 years for General, as on 1-July-2013.
- For other norms for relaxation, please refer the original advertisement at http://mpscmanipur.gov.in/files/Advt%20MCSCCEXam%202013.pdf
Mode of Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of Preliminary Written Test, Main Written Test and Personal Interview. The candidates selected in the Preliminary Examination will have to apply again for the main Examination. The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained on final two exams in a free and fare manner.
No. of Attempts:
- 4(four) attempts for general candidates
- 7(seven) attempts for OBCs
- No restriction for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- For UR/ OBC Candidates: Rs.200
- For SC/ST: Rs.50
- Fees will be exempted for PWD candidates having more than 40% disability
- The fees can be paid in shape of the cash through deposit challan (could be downloaded from the website of MPSC) in favor of The Secretary, Manipur Public Service Commission, Imphal
How to receive the Application Form:
- The prescribed application forms along with syllabus for Preliminary Examination and information to the candidates will be available on payment of Rs. 50/- from the counter of the office of MPSC during office hour from 03-08-2013.
- The applicants can apply through the prescribed format of application as available with the information brochures
- The applicants should ensure that they have filled the right information at appropriate spaces.
- After completion of Application, the applicants need to attach other essential documents and Original fee Payment Challan and should be submitted by the candidate or his/ her representative in person/ by hand at the Manipur Public Service Commission Office
Website of the Commission: http://mpscmanipur.gov.in