Krishna Bhagya Jala Nigam Ltd. (KBJNL) is a Company, wholly owned by the Government of Karnataka for implementation of the Upper Krishna Project (UKP) in the State of Karnataka. The Company is responsible for planning, investigation, estimation, execution, operation and maintenance of all irrigation projects coming under the UKP. The KBJNL is also entrusted with the responsibility of Rehabilitation and Resettlement of the people affected by the Project. The Company is authorized to sell water and recover revenues from individuals, groups of farmers including those in the Command Area Development Authority, towns, city municipalities and industries.
Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) is the nodal entity in the state of Karnataka offering dedicated employment support to the state government administration and other connected departments and organizations.
With the present notification from KPSC, it invites application through online mode for Special Recruitment of Assistant Engineers and Junior Engineers in the KBJNL.
The details of the vacancy and the eligibility criteria are mentioned underneath:
- Date of Publication of Notification: 03-Mar-2013
- Starting date for Submission of Online Applications: 04-Mar-2014
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications: 02-Apr-2014 till 01:00 PM
- Last date for Submission of Application Fees: 02-Apr-2014 till 03:00 PM
- Date for reckoning age & educational eligibility: 11-Feb-1999
Details of the Post: Total 550 Posts
- Junior Engineer (Civil): 131 Posts
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical): 14 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Civil): 365 Posts
- Assistant Engineer (Mechanical): 40 Posts
NOTE: Reservation for privileged categories will be applicable as per KPSC norms.
- Junior Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical): The candidates getting selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.17650 – Rs.32000 with other allowances and perks per month.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil/ Mechanical): The candidates getting selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.22800 – Rs.43200 with other allowances and perks per month.
Age limit (as on 11-Feb-1999):
- The applicants must have obtained 18 years of age and should not have exceeded 33 years for General candidates.
- There will be relaxation in upper age limit for privileged categories (SC/ST/PWD) as per rules.
- Junior Engineer: The applicants should have completed a Diploma in concerned branches of Engineering as on 11-Feb-1999.
- Assistant Engineer: The applicants should have completed a Bachelors Degree in concerned branches of Engineering or must have cleared Section-A & B of AMIE or equivalent as on 11-Feb-1999.
- Knowledge of Kannada is essential for all candidates.
Scheme of examination:
- The selection will be made on the basis of Written examination followed by Viva-Voice Test/ Personal Interview as per the discretion of KPSC.
- For SC/ ST/ and other reserved category as per KPSC: Rs.25
- For all candidates under Unreserved category: Rs.300
- Candidates can remit the application fees through system generated e-Payment challan at any Post Office of the state where e-Payment facility is available.
- Payment should be made within the specific time limit after doing the Online Registration of Application.
- Candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions should apply only through online mode at the website of the Commission http://www.kpscapps.com/kbjnl/ .
- Candidates are advised to read through the detailed application form as available at http://www.kpscapps.com/kbjnl/notification.pdf or at http://kpsc.kar.nic.in/Notification%20R4.pdf , before applying Online
- A valid e-mail ID or Mobile Number is mandatory for registration and e-mail ID should be kept active till the declaration of results.
- Candidates can apply online by logging into the portal with the unique ID provided during registration.
- After submitting the application, candidates can print /save their application in PDF format.
- The candidates need to upload their scanned signature and photograph at the appropriate spaces on the Online Application.
- There is no need to send any hardcopy at this moment to the Karnataka Public Service Commission or to the Krishna Bhagya Jala Nigam Ltd. (KBJNL).