(Only for Jammu & Kashmir Permanent Residents)
Operating with a special state stature the northernmost state of India, J&K (Jammu & Kashmir) is one of the most beautiful states of India. This state is also considered as a special state due to its borders sharing the disputed LoC with Pakistan. The law and order situation is under control in this state after long phase insurgency and terrorism. The state has restored a smooth process of democracy and is helping the process of nation building like any other states of India.
Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission has been vested with the responsible for competent selection of candidates for various government departments and its associated institutions in the state of J&K. With the recent notification from J&K PSC, there is an announcement for induction of 01 Post of Lecturers in Health & Medical Education Department and 226 numbers of Consultants in Health & Family Welfare Department. With this effect, the PSC invites applications in prescribed OMR forms, from permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State only for recruitment through a competitive examination.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
- Date of availability of OMR Application Form: 20-June-2014
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 23-July-2014
- Date for determining Age: 01-Jan-2014
Details of Vacancies:
Lecturer Government Medical college, Jammu in Health & Medical Educaiton Department:
- Item No: 201 – Lecturer Pathology in Govt. Medical College, Jammu: 01 Position (SC)
Consultant in Health & Family Welfare Department:
- Item No: 202 – Consultant (Paediatrics): 26 Positions (OM-15, RBA-05, SC-02, ST-03, ALC-01)
- Item No: 203 – Consultant (Surgery): 31 Positions (OM-17, RBA-07, SC-02, ST-03, ALC-01, SLC-01)
- Item No: 204 – Consultant (Gynaecologist): 36 Positions (OM-20, RBA-07, SC-03, ST-04, ALC-01, SLC-01)
- Item No: 205 – Consultant (Radiology): 07 Positions (OM-04, RBA-02, ST-01)
- Item No: 206 – Consultant (Psychiatry): 05 Positions (OM-02, RBA-01, SC-01, ST-01)
- Item No: 207 – Consultant (Anaesthesiology): 33 Positions (OM-20, RBA-06, SC-02, ST-03, ALC-01, SLC-01)
- Item No: 208 – Consultant (Ophthalmology): 13 Positions (OM-08, RBA-02, SC-01, ST-02)
- Item No: 209 – Consultant (Orthopaedic): 21 Positions (OM-11, RBA-04, SC-02, ST-02, ALC-01, SLC-01)
- Item No: 210 – Consultant (Pathology): 13 Positions (OM-08, RBA-03, SC-01, ST-01)
- Item No: 211 – Consultant (Medicines): 31 Positions (OM-18, RBA-06, SC-03, ST-03, ALC-01)
- Item No: 212 – Consultant (ENT): 10 Positions (OM-06, RBA-02, SC-01, ST-01)
- Lecturer: The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of PB-II at Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 along with other incentives and allowances as applicable as per the state government norms.
- Consultants: The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of PB-III at Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 with a Grade Pay of Rs.6600 along with other incentives and allowances as applicable as per the state government norms.
- Lecturer: The candidates interested to join these posts must have completed Post-Graduate Degree in Pathology i.e MD Pathology/Path. And Bact., Ph.D., D.S.C Specialty board of Pathology (USA) or MRCP, Path. (UK). They must have Post-Qualification experience as Registrar/ Tutor, Demonstrator/ Tutor or a Senior resident for a period of two (2) years in a recognized Teaching Medical Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India or the University of Jammu/Kashmir.
- Consultants: The candidates interested to join the service must have completed MBBS or equivalent qualification as scheduled in the charter of Medical Council of India. They must hold a Post Graduate Degree qualification in specialty concerned with two (2) years experience in the profession in a responsible position connected with specialty. Post-Graduate Diploma holders in specialty concerned with three (3) years experience in the profession in a responsible position connected with specialty can also apply for these posts
- He/ She must be a permanent resident of J&K State
Age specific norms:
- The applicant must be in between 18 years to 40 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014.
- However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates (SC, ST, RBA, ALC & SLC) will be applicable as per rules.
Application Form Costs:
- For Open Merit/ General candidates: Rs.500
- For SC, ST, RBA, LAC, and PWD of the state: Rs.250
- The form costs need to be deposited in the shape of Bank Draft drawn from J&K Bank Limited only or by cash at J&K Bank counters opened in PSC Offices both at Jammu/Srinagar. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
- In addition to the cost of Rs.10 will be included as form processing charge for each category of forms
Application Form Availability:
- The Commission has developed an electronically scannable (OMR) Application Form.
- Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the J&K Public Service Commission, Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/ Polo Ground, Srinagar through the counters of J&K Bank
Note: Application Form On Which Correction Fluid Is Applied, Shall Be Out Rightly Rejected.
Attachments with the Application Form:
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Permanent Resident Certificate.
- Educational Qualification Certificate Prescribed for the Post.
- Registration certificate of MBBS/MS/MD/DNB/MCH/DM/DNB or equivalent from concerned Authority.
- Registration certificate from MCI in case of Degrees obtained from abroad.
- Attempt certificate.
- Internship certificate.
- Result Notification of MS/MD/DNB/MCH or equivalent
- For Physically Handicapped Candidates, Disability Certificate on the prescribed format.
Stages of Examination & Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of following tests:
- Written Test
- Viva-Voce/ Interview
- Pre-recruitment Medical Test (if required)
- Final Merit list
How to apply:
- Since the Application Form is to be electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The candidates are required to go through the detailed advertisement as available at http://jkpsc.nic.in//pdf/NOTI_consultant_lect_path_2014.pdf before applying online.
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph, duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Application Form, duly filled in along with its Photostat copy and the Acknowledgement Card, shall have to be submitted in the Commission office at Jammu/Srinagar personally or should be mailed in the supplied special envelope by registered post to the address mentioned below:
- Address to send completed application form:
The Secretary & Controller of Examinations
J&K Public Service Commission
Resham Ghar Colony
Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/ Polo Ground, Srinagar
- The applications shall be received at the counters set up for the purpose in Commissions Office located at Reshan Ghar Colony Bakshi Nagar, Jammu/Polo View, Srinagar on all working days (Monday to Friday) from 10 A.M. to 3 P.M.
- The details of the application can also be reviewed at the website of J&K PSC at www.jkpsc.nic.in