Indian Air Force is one of the three major wings of Indian Armed Service Wings guarding the areal boundaries of the vast nation. Indian Air Force is also regarded as one of the major Air Combat Wings in the world as far as technology and warfare are concerned. With a glorious career and apposite respect for this job an employment in Indian Air Force is regarded as an imperial service with its repute and honor.
As the force signifies, it has a majority of job profiles associated with Flying and associated duties. The Indian Air Force commissions capable young and enthusiastic personnel every year for its Flying Branch of service.
With the recent initiative Indian Air Force invites enterprising and adventurous male and female personnel for recruitment into its Commissioned ranks in the Flying Cadre with Short Service Commission.
The details of the recruitment in to the courses commencing from July-2014 are as follows:
Course Commencement Period: January 2014
Courses: 1. Flying Branch: Short Service Commission (SSC) (No.13 SSC – Men)
2. Flying Branch: Short Service Commission (SSC) (No.42 SSC – Women)
Important dates for appearing in this FAST TRACK SELECTION:
- Chandigarh: 11-August-2013 from 8:00 AM till 11:00 AM
- Bhopal: 11-August-2013 from 8:00 AM till 11:00 AM
- Submission of original/ Provisional documents after selection: by 15-Dec-13
Venue of the FAST TRACK SELECTION:
- Chandigarh: Chandigarh Group of Colleges Landran (Mohali) Punjab-140307
- Bhopal: Laxmi Narayan College of Technology, Kalchuri Nagar, Raisan Road, P.O. Koula, Bhopal-462 021
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age: The candidate must be within 19-23 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014. The candidate must have born later than 02-Jan-1991 and must have born earlier to 01-Jan-1995 (both days inclusive)
b) Educational Standards: The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline with completion of 3 years of Degree Course and has secured minimum of 60% of marks in aggregate. The aspirant must have passed Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level. A candidate, who has completed a 4 years of BTech Degree and has secured at least 60% of marks in aggregate, is also eligible for the courses.
c) Physical Standards:
- Minimum height: 162.5 cms
- Leg Length: Min – 99 cms. Max – 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Max – 64 cms
- Sitting Height: Min – 81.5 cms. Max – 96 cms
- Weight: Corresponding to height
- Vision: Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia. LASIK Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short Service Commission (Flying Branch) only if the LASIK has not been done before 20 years. The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master and the candidates should have passed at least 12 months after completion of LASIK procedure
Other criteria as per the service rules (please refer to Indian Air Force Website at http://careerairforce.nic.in.
d) PABT: The candidates who have failed to qualify for PABT in an earlier attempt or, a flying candidate who has been suspended from flying at an Air Force Academy will not be eligible for applying for the Flying branch.
e) AFCAT: The candidates appearing for the FAST TRACK SELECTION, will have to undergo AFCAT at the venue specified, the result of which will be made available immediately. After AFCAT, the candidates will be subjected to further selection procedure.
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility patterns:
On the spot registration will take place between 0800 hours to 1100 hours on 11 August 2013 at the venue. No registration will take place after the specified time.
- Written test (AFCAT) on the same date
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test
- PABT for Flying Branch
- Further testing of short-listed candidates at any one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSB) at Dehradun, Mysore, Varanasi or Gandhinagar
- Medical Examinations on the basis of recommendations of AFSBs
- Announcement of Merit List
NOTE: Candidates who have undergone or are scheduled to undergo SSB testing for 13 SSC (Men) / 42 SSC (Women) courses are not eligible to appear for this FTS.
Documents to be Submitted for FAST TRACK SELECTION:
a) 2 copies of pre-filled FTS Admit Card (the format of which is available at http://www.careerairforce.nic.in or at http://www.cgc.edu.in/downloads/files/n51f2379f68121.pdf)
b) Original certificate and Mark sheet of Class-X and Class-XII
c) Original certificate and mark sheets (all semesters/years) of Graduation
d) Proof of identity
e) Three recent colour passport size photographs
NOTE: All the candidates applying for the courses as stated above are mandatorily required to submit their Email ID, which will be the only mode of communication to the candidates in future stages of recruitment. Applications received without Email ID will be summarily rejected.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>