Cochin Shipyard was incorporated in the year 1972 as a fully owned Government of India company. In the last three decades the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Ship Repair industry. This yard can build and repair the largest vessels in India. Conferred with a Miniratna status, this Govt of India Company bears ample significance with its excellence in Ship manufacturing and production. The Shipyard also trains various technician every year.
With the present requirement for competent professional in its team the Cochin Shipyard Limited is inviting candidature through the ONLINE application format as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard for the posts of Project Officers from various technical Disciplines.
The details of the eligibility norms and the criteria for selection are detailed as under:
- Starting date for registration of Online Application Form: 08-Aug-2013
- Last date for registration of Online Application Form: 20-Aug-2013
- Last date for registration of Hardcopy of Online Application Form along with fees (DD) and other certificates: 27-Aug-2013
Name of the Positions and Number of Vacancies:
- Project Officer (Mechanical): 12 Posts
- Project Officer (Electrical): 06 Posts
- Project Officer (Electronics): 02 Posts
- Project Officer (Civil): 02 Posts
- The candidates inducted as Project Officers will receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs.22000 during first year of engagement and Rs.22500 during second year of engagement.
- Overtime will be applicable per hour basis till a ceiling of Rs.3000 per month
- No other allowances will be applicable for these positions
- The candidate applying for these posts should have completed their Bachelors Degree in concerned branches of Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Civil Engineering) with minimum 60% marks.
- The candidate applying for these posts should have at least 2 years of post-qualification experience/ Training after obtaining necessary training in any Shipyard/ Marine Engineering Training Centre/ Heavy Engineering Establishment.
- The candidates must be familiar with Computer Environment
Age Requirement (As on 31-Aug-2013):
- The candidates should not have exceeded 30 years as on the designated date to be eligible for consideration.
Note: Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the category of candidates as per rules.
Duration of Engagement:
- The Candidates joining as Project Officers will be on contract initially for a period of 2 years from the date of joining.
- The Cochin Ship Yard will not be accountable for considering these candidates for permanent employment after completion of contract period.
- There is no application fee for these positions.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection for the posts will be on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the Personal Interview to be held at Kochi.
- The candidates have to undergo a pre-employment Medical Examination prior to their appointment
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply ONLINE as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard Limited at http://www.cochinshipyard.com/career.html
- No other mode of application will be accepted
- Candidates should read all instructions given on the advertisement at http://www.cochinshipyard.com/careers/Project%20Officer.pdf before applying.
- Candidates are advised to bring all original documents during the personal interview for verification. Without original copies of certificates no applications will be considered
- The hard copy of the Online Application with unique registration Number and other essential documents must be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed as “Application for Project Officer …………… (Engineering Discipline) & Registration No………………”
- The address to send completed application form:
The General Manager (HR)
Cochin Shipyard Limited