Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) is the authority in the state for competent selection of candidature in various state government cadres. With its upcoming recruitment notification from the CGPSC, a notification has been released for recruiting 966 Assistant Professors under Chhattisgarh Higher Education Department.
The details of the job positions with the minimum basic eligibility criteria is detailed as under:
- Date of publication of notification: 10-Sep-2014
- Starting date of online registration: 10-Sep-2014 from 12 Noon onwards
- Final date for online registration of application: 09-Oct-2014 till midnight
- Dates for correction in already submitted application: from 10-Oct-2014 till 16-Oct-2014 (with extra payment for correction fees of Rs.50)
Name and Number of the vacancies: (Backlog + Fresh) Total 966 Posts
- English: 85 Posts (UR-26, SC-18, ST-32, OBC-09 out of which backlog 24 Posts)
- Physics: 42 Posts (UR-10, SC-12, ST-17, OBC-03 out of which backlog 18 Posts)
- Pol. Science: 61 Posts (UR-26, SC-07, ST-19, OBC-09, No backlog)
- Hindi: 73 Posts (UR-31, SC-09, ST-23, OBC-10, No backlog)
- Sanskrit: 11 Posts (UR-03, SC-02, ST-05, OBC-01 out of which backlog 04 Posts)
- Microbiology: 02 Posts (UR-01, ST-01, No backlog)
- Home Science: 13 Posts (UR-05, SC-02, ST-04, OBC-02, No backlog)
- Commerce: 154 Posts (UR-56, SC-18, ST-61, OBC-19 out of which backlog 21 Posts)
- Chemistry: 100 Posts (UR-35, SC-12, ST-41, OBC-12 out of which backlog 16 Posts)
- Mathematics: 40 Posts (UR-10, SC-11, ST-16, OBC-03 out of which backlog 17 Posts)
- Economics: 56 Posts (UR-20, SC-06, ST-24, OBC-06 out of which backlog 09 Posts)
- History: 29 Posts (UR-12, SC-04, ST-09, OBC-04, No backlog)
- Botany: 80 Posts (UR-33, SC-09, ST-27, OBC-11 out of which backlog 02 Posts)
- Zoology: 75 Posts (UR-31, SC-09, ST-24, OBC-10 out of which backlog 01 Posts)
- Geography: 53 Posts (UR-22, SC-06, ST-17, OBC-08, No backlog)
- Sociology: 53 Posts (UR-22, SC-06, ST-17, OBC-08, No backlog)
- Taser Technology: 01 Post (UR, No backlog)
- Sericulture: 03 Posts (UR-01, ST-01, OBC-01, No backlog)
- Geology: 07 Posts (UR-01, SC-02, ST-03, OBC-01 out of which backlog 04 Posts)
- Anthropology: 01 Post (UR, No backlog)
- Psychology: 03 Posts (UR-01, SC-01, ST-01 out of which backlog 01 Post)
- Computer Science: 06 Posts (UR-02, SC-01, ST-02, OBC-01, No backlog)
- Biotechnology: 02 Posts (UR-01, ST-01, No backlog)
- Sanskrit Sahitya: 01 Post (UR, No backlog)
- Information Technology: 01 Post (UR, No backlog)
- Computer Application: 07 Posts (UR-03, SC-01, ST-02, OBC-01, No backlog)
- Law: 07 Posts (UR-02, SC-01, ST-03, OBC-01 out of which backlog 02 Posts)
- The reservation rules will only be applicable for the original domiciles of Chhattisgarh state only
- There will be reservation for SC/ ST/ PWD/ and other candidates as per rules.
Pay Scale and Remuneration:
- The candidates selected for the positions of Assistant Professors will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-III at the rate of Scale Pay Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and Academic Grade Pay of Rs.6000.
- Other allowances and perks such as DA, Medical Allowances, Leave Encashment etc. will be as per rules of the State Government.
Age of the candidates:
- The applicant must have obtained minimum 21 years and should not have exceeded 32 years of age as on 01-January-2014 to become eligible.
- However there is a relaxation in the upper age for the persons who are native domiciles of Chhattisgarh only belonging to scheduled categories (SC/ ST) and OBC and PWD categories as per the State Govt. rules.
The candidates interested for these posts must have completed:
- Post-Graduation in concerned subjects with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST).
- Must have completed NET (UGC) or SLET as conducted by Chhattisgarh State OR, must have completed PhD in respective disciplines
- Candidates having PhD degree will not be required to be judged for NET/ SLET qualifications.
- The subjects for which NET/ SLET is not conducted, for related posts this qualification will not be a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates having experience as Guest Lecturers will be awarded preference.
- For SC, ST, PWD and OBC Candidates from Chhattisgarh: Rs.300
- For all others from the state and from other states: Rs.400
- Apart from this all candidates need to pay a portal fee of Rs.40
- The fees can be paid through Online mode (through Debit/ Credit Card) as per the detailed instructions (available at http://psc.cg.gov.in/ or http://psc.cg.gov.in/pdf/Advertisement/ADV_AP_2014.pdf )
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done on a short-listing for Written Examination and through a Personal Interview as per the discretion of the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through Online Mode Only through the website of Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission at http://psc.cg.gov.in/
- The candidates need to read through the detailed Advertisement as available through the notification published at http://psc.cg.gov.in/pdf/Advertisement/ADV_AP_2014.pdf before applying.
- The candidates have to upload their photograph and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form.
- No other supporting documents are required to be uploaded during Online Submission of Application (Unless specified).
- The hardcopy of the application along with the fee payment details and the requisite certificates in support of their claims of eligibility, must be preserved with the candidates to be submitted during the Personal Interview.
- Address to contact in case of there is any discrepancy in Online Application:
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission
Helpline Nos: 9981996587, 9981996597
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>