Central Excise & Customs Pune Zone Recruitment 2014 for 19 Meritorious Sportspersons
Central Excise duty is an indirect tax levied on goods manufactured in India. The tax is administered by the Central Government. The Central Excise law is administered by the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC or Board) through its field offices, the Central Excise Commissionerates. For this purpose, the country is divided into 23 Zones and a Chief Commissioner of Central Excise heads each Zone. There are total 92 Commissionerates in these Zones headed by Commissioners of Central Excise.
With the recent announcement from the Chief Commissioner, Central Excise & Customs, Pune Zone, invited competent applications from meritorious sportspersons for inclusion of Tax Assistants (TA) at various offices. There are total 19 vacancies notified which are temporary in nature and are likely to be made permanent. All these posts will be filled through competent selection.
The details of the recruitment procedure along with essential qualifying norms and application procedure are detailed as under:
Most Important Dates:
- Closing Date of receipt of Completed Application: 05-May-2014 till 1700 Hours
Name & Number of Vacancies:
- Tax Assistant: Total 19 Positions
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for the positions will be eligible for a remuneration in the scale of Pay Band Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.2400
- Other facilities as admissible by the Central Excise Department
Eligible Sports Category:
- Body Building (Men)
- Basket Ball
- Table Tenis
- The candidates should have represented the country in an International Event, OR,
- The candidates should have represented the State in a National Championship, OR,
- The candidates should have represented the University in an Inter-University Tournament conducted by Inter-University Sports Board, OR,
- The candidates should have represented the State School team in National Sports & Games for schools as organized by All India School Games Federation.
- The applicants must serve the Central Excise & Customs, Pune Zone, for a period of 2 years from the date of their appointment.
- The applying candidate must be within 20-27 years of age as on 05-May-2014.
- There will be additional relaxation in upper age for reserved categories, apart from this.
- A candidate must have passed in Bachelors Degree or equivalent from a recognized University.
- The candidates must have a typing speed of 8000 key depressions per hour to be eligible to apply, apart from the proficiency in Sports
- The selection procedure will consist of scrutiny of application, field trials, assessment of sports achievements and general intelligence/ personality etc.
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through prescribed format available at the website of the Central Excise & Customs, Pune Zone at www.punecenexcise.gov.in or at the website of CBEC at www.cbec.gov.in
- Before applying for the posts, the candidates are requested to go through the detailed advertisement at www.punecenexcise.gov.in/Recruitment%20advt..pdf
- The application must be typed or computer printed on one side of a Good quality A4 size 85 GSM paper on single side only
- The applicant need to fill the form in his own handwriting only
- The signature and photograph must be placed appropriately
- The candidates must use blue/ black ball point pen to fill up the application
Where to send the Application:
- The application completed in all respect and attached with all requisite documents (properly attested), must be secured in an envelope super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POSTS OF TAX ASSISTANT UNDER SPORTS QUOTA” and should be submitted by hand/ by post to the address mentioned below so as to reach by the last date specified (05-May-2014)
- Address to send completed application:
The Additional Commissioner
Cadre Control Cell
Central Excise, Customs & Service Tax, Pune Zone
ICE House, Opp. Wadia College
41/A, Seasons Road, Pune – 411001
- The candidates, who will be selected, cannot apply for Intercharge Transfer for a minimum period of 10 years.
- The candidates have to pass the Departmental Typing Speed Test within their probation period.
- The candidates have to send separate applications for each sports category for each post.