Canara Bank Recruitment 2014 For 116 Specialist Officers (Managers) in MMGS-II: Advertisement Number : CB/RP/1/2014
Congregating a glorious period of banking and finance associated with the most spectacular achievements in its 106 years of operation, Canara Bank has been nominated as one of the most promising opportunity providers for Indian youth for a glorifying career in banking. Canara Bank is a leading Public Sector Bank in the country with Head Office in Bangalore and pan India presence with over 4500 branches.
With a recent notification to further strengthen its workforce Canara Bank is inviting applications for 116 positions of Managers in Specialist Officers cadres in MMGS-II grade.
The details of the vacancies as well as essential criteria for eligibility are as follows:
Mode of Application: Online only through the website of the Canara Bank
- Date of commencement of Online Registration: 08-Feb-2014
- Last date for Online Registration: 22-Feb-2014
- Dates for Payment of Application fees: in between 08-Feb and 22-Feb-2014 (both days inclusive)
- Tentative Date of Online Test: 23-Mar-2014
Name and Number of Vacancies (with concerned Post-Code):
Specialist Officers in MMGS-II: Total 116 positions
- Manager – Technical (Mechanical/Electrical): 75 positions
- Manager Technical – Chemical: 04 positions
- Manager Technical – Logistics: 03 Positions
- Manager Technical – Metallurgy: 03 Positions
- Manager Technical – Structural: 03 Positions
- Manager Technical – Textile: 03 Positions
- Manager Technical – Thermal: 04 Positions
- Manager – Security: 21 positions
Out of the totally declared 116 Positions, the reservation will be done as per the list below:
- SC-16, ST-09, OBC-31 & Remaining 60 Posts for UR category.
- There will be 03 Posts reserved for PWD candidates
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for the posts under MMGS-II will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.19400 – Rs.28100 along with other perks and incentives
Probation Period & Service Bond:
Candidates selected for all positions mentioned above will serve a probation period from the date of joining the Bank as determined by the Bank.
- MMGS-II: Probations Period 1 Year – Bond for Rs.1 Lakh – Min. Service Period 3 Years
Academic Requirements & Experience:
- For Post Code 1: Must have a Degree such as BE / B Tech / AMIE in Electrical / Mechanical or Production or Industrial Engineering with 3 years’ post qualification industrial experience in relevant field of specialization.
- For Post Code 2: Must possess ME / M Tech in Chemical Engineering along with 1 year post qualification industrial experience in relevant field of specialization.
- For Post Code 3: Must possess ME / M Tech in Transportation Engineering along with 1 year post qualification industrial experience in relevant field of specialization.
- For Post Code 4: Must possess ME / M Tech in Metallurgical Engineering along with 1 year post qualification industrial experience in relevant field of specialization.
- For Post Code 5: Must possess ME / M Tech in Structural Engineering along with 1 year post qualification industrial experience in relevant field of specialization.
- For Post Code 6: Must possess ME / M Tech in Textile Engineering along with 1 year post qualification industrial experience in relevant field of specialization.
- For Post Code 7: Must possess ME / M Tech in Thermal Engineering along with 1 year post qualification industrial experience in relevant field of specialization.
- For Post Code 8: Must have Graduation or any equivalent qualification along with experience as an Officer with 5 years of commissioned service in Army / Navy / Air Force and not below the rank of Captain or equivalent OR, an Officer not below the rank of Asst. Commandant in Para Military Forces including Assam Rifles, with 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Computer Operation is a must for all these posts.
- Also, the candidates shall acquire working knowledge of Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of probationary period.
- For Post Code 1 – 7: Maximum 35 years as on 01-Jan-2014
- For Post Code 8: Minimum 25 years and Max 40 years as on 01-Jan-2014
However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit as per norms for SC, ST and PWD categories, but not for Post-Code-8.
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.100
- For all others including OBC: Rs.500
How to Pay the Application Fees:
- Application Fee can be paid in cash through payment challan at any branch of Canara Bank
- The fee can also be deposited through NEFT
- No other form of payment will be accepted by the Bank
- For NEFT:
– Name of the Account : Canara Bank Recruitment Project – 1/2014
– Account Number : 8693201000008
– Payee Bank : Canara Bank, Town Hall WC Branch, Bangalore
– IFSC Code : CNRB0008693
Mode of Selection:
- The selection for Post Codes-1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 is on the basis of Test followed by Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The Test will be conducted online at the identified centers.
- The selection for Post Code-8 will be done on the basis of short-listing and Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The final selection will be done considering the marks obtained in the Online Test (wherever applicable) and the marks obtained in the interview in a proportionate manner. This selection will be done strictly on a Merit Listing
- The Bank reserves all rights for selection of candidates as per its discretion
How to Apply:
a) The candidates need to apply through online only at the website of the Canara Bank at www.canarabank.com/English/scripts/Recruitmentspecalistofficer.aspx
b) Before going for filling Online application, the candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification available at www.canarabank.com/Upload/English/Content/Canara%20Bank%20-%20RP-1-2014%20-%20Advertisement.pdf
c) The applicants are advised to fill in the online application with caution as there will be no chance of altering the data once the application form is submitted
d) The candidates are advised to fill in only the facts with respect to their credentials
e) There is no need to send any physical copy of the application at this moment to the bank
f) The Interview Call Letters will be made available to candidates on the website of the Canara Bank. Hence, the applicants are requested to check the website at regular intervals for updates about this notification.