BSF Recruitment 2014 For Sub-Inspector (GD) Through Limited Departmental Competitive Exam
Advertisement No.: BSF L/No-8/SI(LDCE-2014)/Pers/BSF/2014/ 4186-4480
Guarding the borders of this vast nation, BSF (Border Security Force) has been recognized as the most acclaimed combat force with bravery and honor. This force is one of the most prestigious Para-Military forces of India, which offers tremendous opportunity for people for career in this most prestigious organization. A life with BSF is full of adventure, achievement and bravery. Being central government profile, jobs in BSF is considered as the most preferred job profiles among the masses of job seekers.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource, BSF intends to recruit 194 numbers of Sub-Inspector (in General Duty) through a Limited Departmental Combined Competitive Examination. The recruitment is open to all the Head Constables, Constables and Tradesman, who fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for these vacancies. Both Male and Female candidates can apply against this vacancy notification.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Date of publication of Notification: 02-May-2014
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 31-May-2014
Details of the Vacancies:
- Sub-Inspector (GD): Total 194 Positions
- Male: 184 Posts (UR-142, SC-28, ST-14)
- Female: 10 Posts (UR-07, SC-02, ST-01)
Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for these positions will be eligible for remuneration in the Scale of PB-II with Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with Grade Pay Rs.4200 and other allowances and perks will be as per rules.
- All Constables/GD, Head Constables/GD and ASI(Exe) will be eligible to appear in the said LDCE. Tradesmen, who meet quality requirements to appear in SI/LDCE, are also eligible to appear in SI/LDCE.
- All aspirants should have completed four years of service, including basic training in BSF.
- All aspirants should have maintained good ACRs of last four years and should have unblemished service records.
- Academic Qualification:
- The applicants must have completed Graduation Degree from an Institute of repute by the last date of submission of application.
- The age of an applicant should not exceed 32 years as on the last date of receipt of Application
- However, there will be relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-SM candidates as per rules.
- Height – 170 cm (male-General) and 157 Cm for Female (will be relaxed for certain candidates as per the exact notification of BSF inspectors)
- Weight – proportionate to height
- Chest – Unexpanded 80 cm and expanded 85 cm (not applicable for women)
- Physical Standard (for all):
Number of Chances Acceptable for LDCE:
In total, there will be maximum 3 numbers of attempts will be provided to candidates applying for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE)
- The selection will be done through checking of Service Records, Written Examination, Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency test (as required), Medical Examination and Interview
- Candidates will be selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSF at http://www.bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r98.pdf
- After filling up the form, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and Service Records, and send that to the address mentioned below at the complete advertisement (Web link above) on or before 31-May-2014.
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SUB INSPECTOR (GD) THROUGH LIMITED DEPARTMENTAL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2014” in bold and capital letter.
- All Candidates should apply through the concerned units/HQrs in which they are posted along with all required certificates.
- Candidates are not required to submit any original certificates in support to their claims at this time.
- The candidates need to attach 2 recent passport size photographs along with the application.