Guarding the borders of this vast nation, BSF (Border Security Force) has been recognized as the most acclaimed combat force with bravery and honor. This force is one of the most prestigious para-military forces of India, which offers tremendous opportunity for people for career in this most prestigious organization. A life with BSF is full of adventure, achievement and bravery. Being central government profile, jobs in BSF is considered as the most preferred job profiles among the masses of job seekers.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource for ministerial cadre, BSF intends to recruit Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer), Head Constable (Ministerial) and Constable (Daftry) for the year 2013-14.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSF at http://www.bsf.nic.in
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement
- Last date for submission of application form from far-flung areas: 45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement
Details of the Vacancies:
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer): 25 positions (UR-03, OBC-06, SC-03, ST-13 and out of which Departmental-03)
- Head Constable (Ministerial): 159 positions (UR-04, OBC-86, SC-45, ST-24 and out of which Departmental-26)
- Constable (Daftry): 12 positions (OBC-06, SC-03, ST-03)
Scale of Pay:
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer): Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2800 in Pay Band – 1
- Head Constable (Ministerial): Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2400 in Pay Band – 1
- Constable (Daftry): Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2000 in Pay Band – 1
- Other allowances and perks will be as per rules of BSF
- Academic Qualification & Skills:
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer): The applicant should have completed Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination or equivalent. The candidate must have Shorthand speed of 80 words per minute in English OR in Hindi for 10 minutes. Transcription of dictation in English in 50 minutes on computer OR transcription of dictation in Hindi in 65 minutes on computer.
- Head Constable (Ministerial): The applicant should have completed Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination or equivalent. The candidate must have Typing speed of 35 words per minute in English OR 30 words per minute in Hindi corresponding to 10500 KDPH in English/9000 KDPH in Hindi with average of 5 key depressions for each word on computer.(Time-10 minutes)
- Constable (Daftry): The applicants must have completed matriculation or equivalent from a recognized board/ institution.
- The age of the applicants should be in-between 18 to 25 years as on last date of submission of application
- However, there will be relaxation for SC, OBC, Departmental and PWD candidates as per rules of BSF.
- The candidate must have to comply minimum physical requirement standards as per the norms of BSF
- Physical Standard:
- The selection will be done through the following procedures
- Written Examination
- Physical Measurement (PST)
- Short Hand Test (only for ASI -Steno)
- Typing Speed Test (only for HC-Min)
- Verification of Documentation (Checking of Documents/ certificates)
- Medical Examination
- Candidates will be selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ST/Departmental/ Women candidates: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.50 (Rupees Fifty only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft drawn in the favor of the concerned officer as mentioned in the point 4.3 of the original recruitment advertisement at http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r79.pdf)
- No other mode of payment will be accepted
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSF at http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r79.pdf
- After filling up the form, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees) and send that to the address mentioned at the complete advertisement on or before 30 days of completion of this advertisement
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT SUB-INSPECTOR (STENOGRAPHER) OR HEAD CONSTABLE (MINISTERIAL) OR CONSTABLE (DAFTRY) IN BORDER SECURITY FORCE 2013-14” in bold and capital letter.
- The candidates need to attach 2 numbers of self-addressed envelope affixing Rs.39 postal stamp on it
- The recruitment will be provisional in nature subject to become permanent in future.
- The applications completed in all respect must be enclosed in an envelope and should be forwarded to the detailed address mentioned in Point No.4.3 of the detailed advertisement at http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r79.pdf