Guarding the borders of this vast nation, BSF (Border Security Force) has been recognized as the most acclaimed combat force with bravery and honor. This force is one of the most prestigious Para-Military forces of India, which offers tremendous opportunity for people for career in this most prestigious organization. A life with BSF is full of adventure, achievement and bravery. Being central government profile, jobs in BSF is considered as the most preferred job profiles among the masses of job seekers.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource, BSF intends to recruit 496 numbers recruits in the posts of Assistant Sub-Inspector (Radio Mechanic), Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Fitter) in BSF Communication Set Up across its establishment of India. Both Male and Female Candidates can apply for these positions.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSF
- Date of publication of Notification: 24-May-2014
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 07-Jul-2014
- Date for Written Test (First Phase): 24-Aug-2014
- PST/PET/Document Verification/ Interview/ Final Medical Test (Second Phase): 22-Sept-2014 onwards
Details of the Vacancies:
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Radio Mechanic): Total 68 Positions (UR-37, OBC-17, SC-10, ST-04)
- Head Constable (Radio Operator): Total 417 Positions (UR-189, OBC-112, SC-73, ST-43)
- Head Constable (Fitter): Total 11 Positions (UR-08, OBC-02, SC-01)
- The recruitment will reserve 40% Posts against departmental quota
- 10% of the vacancies will be reserved for Ex-SM candidates, 5% for recruitment on Compassionate Grounds from the remaining 60% Posts, which will be filled up through Direct Recruitment.
Scale of Pay:
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Radio Mechanic): The candidates selected for this position will be eligible for remuneration in the Scale of PB-I with Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2800 and other allowances and perks will be as per rules.
- Head Constable (Radio Operator/ Fitter): The candidates selected for this position will be eligible for remuneration in the Scale of PB-I with Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2400 and other allowances and perks will be as per rules.
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Radio Mechanic): The applicants must have completed Matriculation with 3 year Diploma in Radio and TV Technology or Electronics or Telecommunication or Computer or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Domestic Appliances from any institution recognized OR, Should have completed 10+2 or Intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Head Constable (Radio Operator): The applicants must have completed Matriculation or equivalent and two year Industrial Training Institute Certificate in Radio and TV or Electronics or Intermediate or 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Head Constable (Fitter): The applicants must have completed Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board or Institution and Two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate in Engine Fitter or Diesel Mechanic or Automobile or Motor Mechanic or Intermediate or 10+2 or equivalent with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The age of an applicant should be minimum 18 years and should not exceed 25 years as on 07-Jul-2014
- However, there will be relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-SM and Departmental candidates as per rules.
Physical Standard (for all):
- Height – 168 cm (may be relaxed for certain candidates as per the exact notification of BSF for women and others)
- Weight – proportionate to height
- Chest – Unexpanded 80 cm and expanded 85 cm
- Vision: 6/6 and 6/9 both eyes without correction (without wearing glasses)
- Must pass High-Grade Color Vision
- Must not have Knock-Knees, Flat-Feet, or Squint in Eyes or any other deformities.
- The selection will be done through Preliminary Written Examination, Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency test (as required), and Interview
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSF at http://www.bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r102.pdf
- After filling up the form, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees as applicable) and send that to the address mentioned at the complete advertisement on or before 07-Jul-2014
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASI/RM AND HC(RO)/HC (FITTER)” in bold and capital letter.
- The candidates need to attach 2 numbers of self-addressed envelope affixing Rs.27 postal stamp on it.
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement for understanding the exact requirements before applying for these posts.