SAIL Recruitment 2013-14 for Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee at Bhilai Steel Plant
There is a little bit of SAIL in everybody’s life! With this punch line, the Steel Authority of India Limited, single largest iron and Steel manufacturer of India has been conferred with a Maharatna status. Operating with a nation-wide network, spreading its export wings to other parts of the world, SAIL has created a different dimension for its excellence in manufacturing and distribution of Steel in India and abroad. Operating with 5 integrated Steel Plants, 3 numbers of special Steel Plants, own R&D center (RDCIS), own Consultancy Division (SAILCON), and numerous other joint-ventures, SAIL offers a prospective future for its staff and team members.
Bhilai Steel Plant is a flag-bearer Plant of SAIL. This plant has own Prime Minister’s Trophy for best Integrated Steel Plant in the country for 11 times. Bhilai Steel Plant is India’s sole producer of rails and heavy steel plates and major producer of structural.
With the recent notification from Bhilai Steel Plan, SAIL invites competent applications from individuals to join this vicious workforce as an Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee and. The details of the criteria for eligibility and concerned process for selection are detailed as under:
Most Important Dates:
- Starting Date of Registering Online Application: 05-Oct-2013
- Last date Of Registration of Online Application: 04-Nov-2013
- Last Date for Payment of Application Fees (offline): In between 05-Oct till 04-Nov-2013
Details of Vacancy Positions:
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade-S-3): 330 positions (SC-39, ST-105, and OBC-19 positions out of which Ex-Sm-47 and PWD-9 positions)
The vacancies are divided as per specific trades of Engineering such as:
- OCT-Metallurgy: 58 Posts
- OCT-Electrical: 25 Posts
- OCT-Mechanical/Mechatronics: 167 Posts
- OCT-Computer Science/IT: 05 Posts
- OCT-Electronics: 65 Posts
- OCT-Instrumentation: 10 Posts
Pay Scale Provisions:
The selected applicants will be eligible for a stipend of Rs.10700 per month in the first year of their training and Rs.12200 in the second year of their training. After successful completion they will be eligible to receive a scale pay in the range of Rs.9160-Rs.13150 in the S-3 Grade with annual increment of 3%.
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee (Grade-S-3): The applicants should have completed 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering in Metallurgy/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Mechatronics/ Computer Science/ IT/ Electronics/ Instrumentation Engineering disciplines.
- Candidates appearing for final examination are also eligible provided they should be able to produce pass certificate for Diploma/Marksheets at the time of interview.
- Operator-Cum-Technician-Trainee: The applicant should be within 18-28 years of age as on 1-Sept-2013
- Note: However, age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, OBC, PWD and Ex-sm as per rules
- For SC/ ST/ PWD: Rs.50
- For General and OBC: Rs.250
- The fee can be paid through SBI cash deposit challan form as can be downloaded from the website of SAIL at http://www.sail.co.in
- The fee is to be paid to the SBI Power Jyoti A/c No -32549519300 maintained at Sector -1 Branch, Bhilai, on behalf of BSP, SAIL.
- The applicants selected for the job will be inducted in a Training Duration expanding over a minimum of 2 years. This may be further expanded if desired by SAIL.
- After successful completion of the training period the candidates will be inducted as technicians in the same scale of S-3 and will be under probation for another period of 1 year.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages:
- Scrutiny of Candidature
- Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The candidates can applyonly through Online mode at the website of SAIL at www.sail.co.in
- One candidate can submit only One Application.
- The candidates need to have their photograph and signature scanned for uploading during online registration
- A valid email ID is mandatory for registering online
- The candidates need to take the Printout of the fee deposit challan and pay their application fees to the SBI account mentioned in any branch of SBI and upload the details in the same website.
- Wrong and misleading information may subject to disqualification of candidature.