Bharat Petro Resources Limited (BPRL) Recruitment 2014 For Coveted Position of Vice President – Technical
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is today one of the most formidable names in Oil & Gas Industry. Among its many Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures, Bharat Petro Resources Limited (BPRL), a wholly owned subsidiary of BPCL, was incorporated in October 2006, to take forward BPCL’s Upstream aspirations. Currently, BPRL (either directly or through its step down subsidiaries/ Joint Ventures) holds participating interests in 20 exploration blocks, in 6 countries, in consortium with other companies. Of these blocks, 8 are in India, and the rest overseas.
With its recent notification, the BPRL opens a challenging opportunity for competent senior professionals to take the leadership positions as Vice President – Technical to wishes to leverage his/her experience & knowledge to deliver high business results and take BPRL to greater heights.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
- Date of Registration of Online Application at BPRL: 13-June-2014
- Last Date of Registration of Online Application at BPRL: 23-June-2014
Name of the Position: Vice President – Technical (1 Post-Unreserved)
- Candidates should have passed Post graduation degree in Geo-sciences or BTech/ BE/ BSc (Engineering) in Petroleum Engineering (Ph.D. would be preferred for these positions) with at least 60% marks in the Final Degree Examination (relaxed to 50% to SC/ST/PWD category) or equivalent CGPA are only eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have passed their Bachelors Degree in Engineering in the first attempt.
- Percentage of marks would be the aggregate of all semesters irrespective of the norms / system being followed in the institute/ university.
- The applicants must have minimum 20 years of relevant experience in an Exploration & Production company in India or overseas, out of which minimum 10 yrs work experience should be in the field of Geology / Geo sciences.
- The candidates must not have crossed maximum age limit of 50 years as on 01-June-2014
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD etc.)
- The candidates provisionally selected by BPRL (BPCL) will have to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Examination before joining.
- The health of candidates will be assessed by Company’s Authorized Medical Officers/ nominated hospitals and the appointment will be subject to meeting the medical standards prescribed by the Company.
- Candidates selected under PWD category except the handicap for which relaxation is acceptable, must be within the prescribed normal range of all other physical standards.
Period of Probation:
- The candidates selected for these positions will be serving the company on a Probation Period of 1 year from the date of joining.
- Initial place of posting would be ‘Mumbai’. However, the services are transferable and the candidate can be posted anywhere including abroad as per the requirement of the company.
Payment/ Salary Provisions:
- The Candidate selected as “Vice President – Technical” would be placed in Job Group “G” on a basic salary of Rs.51300 (Scale of Pay Rs.51300 – Rs.73000). However, final placement of the candidate in terms of level / Job Group would depend on the profile of the candidate in terms of suitability, width of experience and other relevant factors.
- The total CTC will be approximately Rs.26 Lakhs per annum (approximately).
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates will be shortlisted as per their credentials as per the rules of BPRL.
- There will only be a personal interview for selection of the post of Vice President – Technical.
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Training.
How to Apply:
- Candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions will have to apply ONLINE only through the “Career” section of the website of BPCL at http://www.bpclcareers.in/
- The candidates are advised to read the detailed notification as available at http://www.bpclcareers.in/Images/Detailed_BPRL%20advt2014.pdf , before submitting their application.
- The candidates should practice acute caution for filling the application form with facts
- The candidates should upload their latest passport size photograph and their scanned signature at the Application Form
- One copy of the Online Application should be kept with the candidate for future reference.
- For any specific clarifications the authorities of BPRL can be reached at the email email@example.com