Assam Postal Recruitment 2014 For Postman/ Mail Guard and MTS in Various Post Offices in Assam
As an important department under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts is considered as lifeline of Indian Communication since a long past. Although there has been significant changes in the methods of communication in the age of emails and Mobile Telephony, this Department has not loosen its charm of being one of the most trusted and reputed partner facilitating communications in India. The Postal Jobs in India are still considered as an admirable opportunity for all aspirants searching for a government job position. With the versatile diversification into Postal Life Insurance, Speed Post, and various savings schemes of the government India Post is still one of the most reliable communication methods as trusted by millions.
With the recent announcement, the Chief Post Master General, Assam Circle is inviting competent applications for filling up the posts of Postman/ Mail Guard and Multi-Tasking Staff in various Postal divisions under Assam Postal Circle.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility are as under:
Most important Dates:
- Commencement of Registration of Online Application: 03-June-2014 from 10 AM
- Last Date of Registration of Online Application: 02-July-2014 till 09:59 AM
- Last Date for receipt of Application Fees: 07-July-2014
- Date of Availability of Admit Cards: 15-July-2014
- Tentative Date of Examination: 27-July-2014
- Date for reckoning of age limit: 02-July-2014
Name of the Vacancy:
- Postman / Mail Guard: 50 Posts
- Guwahati Division: 06 Posts (OC)
- Dibrugarh Division: 04 Posts (OC-01, SC-02, ST-01)
- Cachar Division: 09 Posts (OC-08, OBC-01)
- Sivsagar Division: 05 Posts (OC-04, SC-01)
- RMS ‘S’ Division: 01 Post (OC)
- Darrang Division: 06 Posts (OC-05, SC-01)
- Nagaon Division: 06 Posts (OC-05, SC-01)
- Tinsukia Division: 06 Posts (OC-05, SC-01)
- Nalbari- Barpeta Division: 04 Posts (OC-02, OBC-02)
- Goalpara Division: 03 Posts (OC)
- Multi Tasking Staff (MTS): 27 Posts
- Guwahati Division: 03 Posts (OC)
- Dibrugarh Division: 01 Post (OC)
- RMS ‘GH’ Division: 07 Posts (OC-03, SC-02, OBC-02)
- RMS ‘S’ Division: 16 Posts (OC-07, SC-01, ST-03, OBC-05)
- Postman / Mail Guard: The candidates selected for the job positions will receive remunerations in the scale of PB-I (Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a grade Pay of Rs.2000) along with other perks and remunerations.
- Multi Tasking Staff (MTS): The candidates selected for the job positions will receive remunerations in the scale of PB-I (Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a grade Pay of Rs.1800) along with other perks and remunerations.
- The candidates should be in the age group of 18-27 years (by last date for receipt of application form) to be eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST and PWD candidates from Chhattisgarh State as per rules.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Postman / Mail Guard: The candidates applying for the job position must have completed the minimum standard of Matriculation to be eligible to apply
- Multi Tasking Staff (MTS): The candidates applying for the job position must have completed the minimum standard of Matriculation/ ITI from a recognized board to be eligible to apply
Mode of Recruitment/ Selection:
- At present the posts will be filled directly on the basis of performance in the Aptitude Test separately through a merit list for each division and each segment of posts.
Examination Fee/ Application Fee:
- Application Form registration: Rs.100 (For all category of candidates)
- Examination Fees: Rs.400 (only for General and OBC category)
- The examination fee is exempted for SC/ ST/ Women and PWD candidates.
- The applicants have to approach their nearest e-payment Post Offices, (listed under e-payment link of http://www.submitonline.in/dopassam/ ) along with the system generated Fee Payment Challan to pay the FEE in CASH (INR) only.
- The applicants can check their fee payment status only after 3 days of payment of fees in e-payment post offices.
How to Apply:
- An interested candidate fulfilling all eligibility requirements can apply through the ONLINE mode only as available at the website of Department of Post at http://www.submitonline.in/dopassam/
- The applicants can apply for any one position (i.e. Postman/ Mail Guard or for MTS) only.
- The candidates are advised to fill in authentic details carefully during the Online submission of applications
- The applicants are advised to upload their signature and scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph during online submission of application.
- The Applicants are advised not to enclose/upload copies of any certificates/documents at this time.
- The Applicants after successful registration of the On-line application are advised to keep print out of the “PREVIEW” of his Application, copy of fee challan, receipt issued by the Post Office and Registration slip for any future reference.
- Incomplete and late registration of Application will not be taken into consideration.
- The applicants are requested to read the ADVERTISEMENT, VACANCIES, INSTRUCTIONS & FAQ carefully as available at http://www.submitonline.in/dopassam/ , before applying Online.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>