Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited (APGENCO) is the outcome of AP state Power Reform process, which was incorporated in the year 1998 and started functioning from 1999 in the state of Andhra Pradesh. This is one of the largest power generation companies in Andhra Pradesh, which is responsible for majority of power generation for consumption of the state. APGENCO is at present is the 3rd largest Power Utility company with a total capacity of 8924.9 MW in India and has second highest Hydel capacity in the Country.
With the recent requirement of Firemen and Security Guard in APGENCO, it invites applications from the natives of Andhra Pradesh as well as competent candidates from outside the state. The present vacancies are not suitable for PWD candidates and such candidates are discouraged to apply for these posts.
The details of the notification with comprehensive data about the recruitment are detailed as under:
Advt no: 01/J.S.(PER)/2013
Name of the Post: Firemen and Security Guard
- Date of starting of receipt of Application through Online mode: 27-April-2013
- Final date for receipt of Application through Online mode: 25-May-2013 till 23:59 hours
- Final date for receipt of Application through Online mode for Land-losers: 01-June-2013
- Final date of payment of Application Fees: 25-May-2013 till 1300 hours
Number of Vacancies:
- Fireman: 120 vacancies (DR.Narla Tata Rao Thermal Power Station – 34, O&M/Kothagudem Thermal Power Station -22, Kothagudem Thermal Power Station -V &VI -17, Ramagudnam Thermal Station-B -10, Kakatiya Thermal Power Project -22, Srisailam Left Bank Hydro Electric Scheme – 12, and Rayalaseema Thermal Power Project – 03 posts)
- Security Guard: 241 vacancies (DR.Narla Tata Rao Thermal Power Station -45, Nagarjunasagar Tail Pond Dam -10, Upper Sileru Hydro Electric Scheme -07, Nagarjuna Sagar Hydro Electric Scheme -12, Pulichintala Hydro Electric Scheme -07, Kothagudem Thermal Power Station -V &VI – 45, Lower Sileru Hydel Electric Scheme -07, Kakatiya Thermal Power Project – 78, Priyadarsini Jurala Hydro Electric Scheme – 20, and Srisailam Right Bank Hydro Electric Scheme – 10 posts)
- The reservation to the local candidates from the state of Andhra Pradesh will be applicable as per rules and as per the following calculations:
BC-A – 7%, BC – B – 10%, BC-C 1%, BC-D 7%, BC-E 4%, SC-15%, ST-6%, Ex-Servicemen 2 %, Sports Quota 2%, Home Guards 5%
Essential Eligibility Factors:
Age: The candidate must be within the age group of 18-30 years as on 22-April-2013. However there will be relaxation in upper age limit for privileged categories, as per rules.
Academics: The candidate must have passed Intermediate or equivalent examination including mere appearance for first and Second year examination of Intermediate in-respect of SC/ST candidates. For land displaced candidates this criteria is set at Intermediate or SSC + ITI education of 2 years duration.
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
The candidates securing a successful position as a Sample Taker will be entitles to get remuneration in the pay band of Rs.10520 – Rs.20220 along with other perks and allowances as applicable by the state government.
- For OC candidates: Rs.500
- For Other state candidates: Rs.500
- For privileged class candidates (BC, SC, ST, Ex-SM, Sports persons and Land losers: Rs.150
Mode of Payment of Fees:
- A candidate should pay the prescribed “Registration Fee” in any one of the A.P. Online Centers or A.P. Online Portal and obtain the “receipt” having paid the “Registration Fee” with “Journal Number” (12 digit)
Mode Of Selection:
- For all candidates except land displaced: Written Exam, followed by Physical Measurement Test, Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The performance will be evaluated on the basis of PET
- For land displaced: There will be no Written Examination, but other tests will remain the same.
The candidates need to execute bond to serve in APGENCO for a minimum period of 5 years. If they leave the Corporation during the training period they shall refund the emoluments received by them + Rs.25000 by way of liquidated damages and the candidates who leaves the Corporation without serving the minimum 5 years period after completion of training, shall pay a sum of Rs.50000.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of the APGENCO at http://www.apgenco.gov.in or at http://apgenco.cgg.gov.in
- The candidates are required to fill in all details exactly and accurately as per supporting documents
- The candidates are advised to keep true copies of the application form and fee receipt for future reference
- Any shortfall of information or wrong/ misleading information will be subject to cancellation of candidature
- Only applicants willing to serve anywhere in the Andhra Pradesh should apply.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here www.apgenco.gov.in/administrator/uploadedfiles/Revised%20Securiyunotification%2024042013.pdf.