Eastern Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh Limited (APEPDCL), Visakhapatnam is the leading Indian power utility serving a consumer base of over 4.97 million spread across five districts in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh. It has always been a pioneer in delivering technology centric customer care services to its customers. APEPDCL has the lowest AT&C losses and one of the best in terms of operational efficiency.
APEPDCL is responsible for undertaking distribution and bulk supply of power in the operation circles of Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, East and West Godavari districts and 20 Divisions of Coastal Andhra Pradesh. APEPDCL supplies power to over 49.7lakh consumers belonging to different categories through a network consisting of 587 Sub-stations of 33 KV level, 2322 feeders of 11 KV level and more than 1,27,487 distribution transformers of different levels. The Corporate Office and Headquarters of APEPDCL is situated at Visakhapatnam.
With the recent announcement, the APEPDCL is inviting competent candidature only from Male candidates (no Physically Handicapped) for filling up 937 vacancies of Junior Lineman on regular basis. Applicants already applied to the earlier Advertisement No. 109, dt.21.12.2011 published on 22.12.2011 in Eenadu & Hindu shall also have to visit the APEPDCL website www.apeasternpower.com for further details.
The details of the vacancies and the detailed criteria for recruitment is detailed as under:
- Date of publication of advertisement: 28-Feb-2014
- Starting date for downloading of proforma application: 01-Mar-2014
- Last date of downloading of proforma Application: 31-Mar-2014
- Last date of receipt of proforma Application completed: 01-Apr-2014
Details of Vacancy Positions Circle-wise:
Junior Lineman (only Male candidates) total 937 Posts (including backlog)
- Srikakulam: 81 Posts
- Vizianagaram: 127 Posts
- Visakhapatnam: 135 Posts
- Rajahmundry: 284 Posts
- Eluru: 310 Posts
NOTE: The reservations for SC, ST, BC and others will be applicable for Andhra Pradesh state domiciles only as per the standard norms of APEPDCL
Percentage of reservation:
- BC: 25% + 4% Muslim reservation subject to orders of Government from time to time.
- SC: 15%
- ST: 6%
- Sportspersons: 2%
- The candidates appointed to the post shall be placed on Probation for a period of 2 years from the date of their joining.
- The applicants will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.8760 – Rs.14145 along with other perks and allowances as per the rules.
- For all these positions candidates must be original domicile of Andhra Pradesh
- The applicant must have attained a min of 18 years and should not exceed a max age of 37 years as on 01-July-2013.
- The upper age will be relaxed for SC/ST/BC and other candidates as per rules.
- The Candidates applying for the Posts should have completed SSLC/ SSC/ 10th Class with ITI qualification in Electrical Trade/Wireman trade or intermediate vocational course in Electrical Domestic Appliances and Rewinding (EDAR) and Electrical Wiring & Contracting (EWC) on par with Electrical Wiring and Servicing of Electrical Appliances (EW & SEA) from a recognized Institution/Board.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection will be done through a merit ranking by considering the marks obtained in the education.
- Prior to this selection/ short-listing of the candidates will be done through the following modes:
- Meter Reading
- Pole climbing
How to Apply:
- The applicants need to fill the application form in the prescribed format only as available at the website of the APEPDCL at www.apeasternpower.com
- The application forms need to be printed on a Good Quality A4 size paper.
- The candidates can get all details about this advertisement on the website of APEPDCL at www.apeasternpower.com/ShowProperty/EP_CM_REPO/Pages/Recruitment/JLM .
- Those candidates who have already applied for these posts vide notification no: No. 109, Dt.21.12.2011 published on 22.12.2011 in Eenadu & Hindu shall also be eligible for consideration. They need not apply again except if they feel to apply fresh against Sports reservation.
- The applicants need to ensure that they offer exact and authentic information while applying
- Any wrong/ misleading information may reject the candidature
- Print copy of the Application along with other necessary credentials and certificates will have to be submitted to the address mentioned below so as to reach on or before 01-April-2014 by 0500 PM.
- Address to send detailed Application:
Srikakulam: Office of The Superintending Engineer, Operation Circle, APEPDCL, Opp: Sri Priya Hotel, G.T. Road, Srikakulam
Vizianagaram: Office of The Superintending Engineer, Operation Circle, APEPDCL, Vidyut Bhavan, Dasannapeta, Vizianagaram
Visakhapatnam: Office of The Superintending Engineer, Operation Circle, APEPDCL, Opp: Green Park Hotel, Visakhapatnam
Rajahmundry: Office of The Superintending Engineer, Operation Circle, APEPDCL, Ullithota vari Street, Godavari River bund, Rajahmundry
Eluru: Office of The Superintending Engineer, Operation Circle, APEPDCL, R.R.Pet, Eluru