Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Greece
Cost of Studying in Greece
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Greece
Study Abroad Programs in Greece
Study in Greece Scholarships
Top Universities in Greece
Why study in Greece?
Study With Ease In Top Class Universities And Serene Ambience In Greece
In the European Union, the country of Greece is one of the sought after destinations because it allows people to explore a culturally rich country. The modern civilisation of this beautiful country is marked by a sparse population. Places to visit are many and food and delicacies are a delight for the international students. With social life free of any intrusions and low crime rate, the life in Greece can be quite peaceful. The infrastructure and facilities of education are of the comparatively high standard in the country, attracting thousands of students from foreign communities to pursue their higher education in Greece.
Why study in Greece
Even though the civilisation of Greece dates back to the ancient days, yet the modern Greece is charming enough. Being located in the Mediterranean regions and a country of European Union, Greece has gained popularity among the international students to come and pursue higher education courses in the country. Geographically and politically, Greece is located in a place which can have attention in the continent of Europe. Many multinational companies involved in financial nodal sectors are able to recruit many students from the country’s educational institutions. Not only a successful professional career is possible by studying in Greece, but it can also be a foothold for higher studies.
- Higher education system that can be availed by the international students can be demarcated into higher university education that is provided by the universities, polytechnic schools, higher fine arts institutes and the Hellinic Open University.
- The other one is that of the higher Technological education which is related with science, applied and technological research.
- Higher non-university education is provided by institutes on subjects of vocations related to religion, tourism, arts, navy, army and public order.
- Tertiary education in Greece is under the self administrated legal entities of public law as per the Greek constitution and is supervised by the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs.
- Education in Greece is free except for the specialised higher study programs at the post graduate levels, which are in English language.
- For the undergraduate courses of first cycle, the applicants should have completed upper secondary courses and should have a valid school leaving certificate and also should have qualified for higher education in one’s own country. A test for knowledge of Greek language and a second language of English, Spanish, French or German is also required to be passed.
- Masters degree in Greece can be pursued if people have finished their bachelors degree in the relevant subject in a recognised university in own country.
- For pursuing doctoral courses or stage 3 cycle, the applicant should have relevant master’s degree or diploma from the parent country.
- Application to the master’s and doctoral courses can be done by directly corresponding with the institution or university by filling in the application form available online. Graduate study is possible in Greece, if people have secured 7.5 grade points out of 10 in their qualifying exam. For the admission into undergraduate studies, applications are to be sent to Hellinic Ministry of National Education and Religious affairs, along with various documents which should be translated into Greek first.
Student visa procedure
Students from outside the EU will require a student visa or resident permit, if they aim to spend more than 3 months in that country, although they can move freely to other Nordic and EU countries. This student visa is also called as type D, which can be applied for studying in universities in the consulate. Apart from the standard documents such as passport size photos, foreign students will require submitting the affidavit of sponsorship, medical and police clearance certificate, academic transcripts, health coverage, and also language certificate as Greek learning is compulsory for everyone from non-EU countries. Proof of financial sufficiency to cover the study and stay in Greece is a mandatory document for applying to universities and studying in the country. Apart from these, the usual photographs, passports, ID proof and letter of recommendations are also required.
Cost of study and living in Greece
Although there is not a strict limit of the money that is being paid for the admissions and the tuitions fees, the exact amount is not possible to be predicted. But on an average, the range would be 11,000 to 16,000 Euros. Depending on the course topic and area of stay, a big bearing will be seen in the educational institutions living standard.
Cost of living in Greece is comparatively lower than many other European countries. Inclusive of accommodations, food, books, entertainment, utility bills, etc people will have to shell out about 12,000 Euros per year.
Greece has a unique student offer, in which the international students are assigned one native student to help the beginning of settling down in the new set up. Shopping is also convenient if someone with knowledge of the area is accompanying along.
Scholarships in Greece
International students can avail of various types of loans from private as well as government organisations. These are based on the merit of the students as well as from their application procedure. Some of provisions are:
- Government scholarships are Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships and David L. Boren Scholarships.
- Private scholarships are from Harriet and Leon Pomerance Fellowships, Olivia James Travelling Fellowships, Anna C. and Oliver C Colburn Scholarships, Rotary International, The Onassis Foundation, etc.
- Some colleges are also providing scholarships to the deserving candidates such as Cotsen Travelling Scholarships, M. Allison Frantz Fellowships, Jacob Hirsch Fellowships award, Paul Rehtak Memorial Travelling Fellowships, etc.
After the education is over in Greece, the students have the options of applying for jobs in the country itself or in other countries in Europe, provided they have a work visa after their student visa. Although multinational companies are preferred by many, some students stay back and take up jobs for the development of the community. Since the universities in the country are giving out industry and research oriented courses, it is a chance for the students to prove their mettle.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>