Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Dubai
Cost of Studying in Dubai
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Dubai
Study Abroad Programs in Dubai
Study in Dubai Scholarships
Top Universities in Dubai
Why study in Dubai?
Making A Mark In Dubai With The Education And Cultural Expansion:
Located in Middle East in the United Arab Emirates, the emirate of Dubai is a perfect testimony of the exponential growth of a region. Not only are the skyscrapers a sign of development, but the high rate of inflow of tourists and people from other countries to take up jobs and education is a further reiteration of the manner in which Dubai has grown over the years. Studying in such an environment is a privilege for people and an addition to their qualifications.
Why study in Dubai?
For all those students, aiming for higher studies, the technologically advanced city of Dubai offers continuous focus on innovation in studies, an environment conducive for experimental learning, independent action and creative thinking. The array of subjects possible to be pursued in Dubai is vast with business administration, architectures, engineering, tourism, design, and industrial and international relationship being a few of them.
With over 160 nationalities of students coming to this land for their higher education, the city is a perfect place for cultural interaction. People from all over the world have arrived here in the city with a cosmopolitan fabric where more than 50 higher education providers facilitate quality education in federal campuses, government and private universities and international campuses.
Shopping malls and metropolis atmosphere provides the students with an exciting life during their stay and the most modern public transport system makes life in the city easier. The emirate of Dubai is the second largest of the United Arab Emirates but scores over many other developed countries in America and Europe.
Higher education in Dubai is possible to be availed in the universities and Higher Colleges of Technology in Dubai, which are run by government and also by the private agencies.
The colleges under the government are having full control by the officials appointed by it and consist of the governing body known as the Supreme Council, where the chancellor, vice chancellor, dean of institutes, and members selected by the council of ministers are the incumbent members. These universities have their separate funding by the government.
Higher Colleges of Technology were set up in 1988 and since then, they have admitted a number of students from UAE and other countries, boasting of a 30% increase in the intake every year. In the universities of the Dubai, about 7% of seats are reserved for the students from outside.
In order to study in the different streams of engineering, technology, management, sciences at the different levels, the candidates should have certain requirements to be fulfilled.
- Those seeking admission into BA and BBA courses should have completed the Grade 12 exam with a pass with 60% marks.
- For admissions in engineering streams at the graduate level, the students should have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics till class 12th and should have passed 12th or High School Certificate course with minimum of 80% for any subjects and with 90% marks for engineering.
- Islamic studies and Sharia is possible for the students if they have 50% marks in the high school certificate and are Muslims. Since the sessions in most of the universities start in the month of August, the applications should be presented during the month of June.
Applications for the studies in Dubai should be accompanied by:
- An admission in these institutions also requires people to qualify with a score in IELTS/TOEFL.
- On applying to a university, if the students have fulfilled the admission requirements, a letter is issued to the respective students to take admissions, which the student can do after confirming of his admission in the letter provided. Then the payment for the admission is done and the student can start the course in the admitted university in Dubai.
Student Visa Requirements for Study Abroad In Dubai:
- Foreign students who want to pursue higher education in Dubai will need to fulfil certain visa requirements. This is also known as resident permit before they can be allowed admission in the universities. Getting visa is not a difficult proposition when it comes to admission into the universities because these universities have the authority to issue student visa. What differ in the requirements of the visa issue are the criteria that are laid down by individual universities.
- Visa for studying in Dubai takes about 2 days to be issued.
- Any kind of course will require the residence visa, which has to be provided by the concerned universities. Students will have to fulfil the required formalities before they get a final visa. The expenditure for getting a visa will be about AED 1,500 for a 3 year valid visa, which is to be submitted at the time of registration. Universities which are arranging the student visa usually take up this charge in their admission fee or tuition fee.
Cost of Living and Study in Dubai:
For the international students, the cost of tuition fees for most of the higher education programs would be about USD 12,000 to 18,000 on an average. These costs can vary somewhat depending on the universities and the courses pursued.
Being expensive in lifestyle, the cost of living is a bit on the higher side which can be around 1200 USD for a month, which will include food, accommodations, and other living expenses.
Scholarships for Study in Dubai:
Usually, two types of scholarships are found in Dubai, which are government scholarships and college scholarships. The college level scholarships are inclusive of Marie Wright Scholarship for Non-Traditional locations, Charles B Rangel International Affairs Fellowships, American University in Dubai, William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Scholarships, etc.
The government scholarships are Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships, David L. Boren Scholarships.
These scholarships provide the students with a small amount of money that helps in paying their tuition fees and also lets the students pass with their living expenses. Some universities also extend their own scholarships or discounts and waivers.
The education system in Dubai has outgrown expectations and top universities are found in the country, which are gradually becoming the favourite among the foreign students. After completion of their education, candidates can apply for jobs in various countries as well as in Dubai itself, after getting the due permits. The popularity of the work culture and educational scenario in the country has made many companies stand up and look for talents from the universities in Dubai, irrespective of the country to which these students originally belong.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>