Search Trending Now:
Admission Requirements for Study in Australia
Cost of Studying in Australia
Student Visa Requirements for Study in Australia
Study Abroad Programs in Australia
Study in Australia Scholarships
Top Universities in Australia
Why study in Australia?
Australian University Study Amidst Beautiful Landscapes And World Class Education
Australia is the world’s largest island and the smallest continent. Even though it is a place having the size as big as United States, its population is a mere 20 million. Australia has vast resources with 46,000 KMs coastline, 15 world heritage sites and 3000 national parks. Some of the animals that are found in Australia are exclusive for this region only. Over 1000 bird species are found in this continent, with Kokaburras being a unique bird.
Multicultural diversity is evident from the presence of a number of restaurants and cafes, which can be also found in all parts of the world, thereby showing that this region will be almost like home for every foreign student. In such a backdrop, the students enjoy their stay and pursue their courses at the university level, leading to the gaining of a degree or certificate which has world recognition.
Why study in Australia
If studying in UK and USA is hindered by the higher costs, then the next plausible destination is that of Australia, where the best education system is possible to be availed.
- The education system that is provided in Australia is sure to instill independent thinking, create real world skills, inspire confidence, bring-about team work and leadership. Research and innovations have the capacity to create new technologies, new cures and providing a better shape to the planet. It is the aim of a secured future that the education system in Australia is targeting, benefiting many students in the process.
- High quality of education incorporating research and teaching is the high point about the Australian university education system. Academic skills are polished and it can be practically applied to create a positive and independent thinking.
- There will be sufficient opportunities to step out of the classroom study and gather valuable experiences in the field and in practical experience. Teachers have the incumbent nature to help grow the personal, intellectual and emotional aspects.
- Australia is a place where quality education is guaranteed and there is a definitive view on what this quality is. There is the concept of consumer protection for the students and their tuition fee. There is the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000, which ensures that international students be registered and the individual universities should meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services or else the university cannot enroll international students.
- All information about the courses should be first provided in detail to the foreign students such as course duration, fees, assessment tests, and relevant living information.
- In order to help the foreign students to live in the continent, there has to be provision of suitable information about the availability of legal, health, transportation, and emergency and visa facilities.
- Last but not the least is the reason that Australia has become one of the leading holiday destinations with picturesque landscapes, national parks, lakes and coral reef and miles and miles of coastline, giving the students enough opportunities to enjoy their stay and take time out of the busy schedules to refresh themselves.
Australian way of studying is quite unique in comparison to the rest of the world and this is something that the students will feel during their stint in the universities. They will mark that the teachers are more inclined towards imparting a practical learning rather than providing the students with a few theoretical concepts which will allow them to score marks in exams. Class participation is another way to improve the outlook of the students.
- Classes in the universities are held in the lecture theatres and there are also tutorials. Lectures can be for as large as 200 students while the tutorials are made for 30 student strength, which allows the general concept to be taught in lectures and then clearing the doubts in the tutorials.
- Student knowledge assessment is done by various means such as written and practical examination, class participation, attendance and group exercises. In most of the universities, the assessments keep on going throughout the year, in terms of semesters, years or even monthly. Post graduate research works are assessed by the committees formed in the respective universities.
- The Australian education system provides about 12,000 courses, which have worldwide recognition, in which about 200,000 foreign students are presently studying. It is the 3rd favorite destination for the foreign students among the English speaking nations.
Entry or admission requirements
- To be accepted for study in Australia, on a student visa, there is requirement of sufficient level of English language proficiency besides fulfilling the academic eligibility.
- Various tests that are recognized by Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship, as valid for English proficiency are IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson and Cambridge tests. The individual universities will have different criteria as regards to this English requirement.
- For undergraduate studies the students need to have the Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or the overseas equivalent of this qualification.
- Post graduate courses can be pursued from universities in Australia if the students have completed the degree from their resident country. Here also, the research and relevant work experience can be taken into account by the universities.
- Vocational education and training institutions do not require any entrance exams, and students with certificate or diploma courses will be able to secure these seats.
- There is an alternative provided by the Australian universities if the students fail to secure the English proficiency test. Such students will have to then enrol in an English course to prepare in a better way to study further.
- Apart from the regular courses that are on offer, the students will have the opportunity to go for short term lifelong learning courses, which are primarily aimed at improving the skills as and when required or when the students feel their necessity in improving their careers.
- The academic year in the universities start from early March to late November and is divided into 2 semesters. In some places there is trimester system or simple summer courses starting from December to February. For the majority of courses, the admission period is usually in the beginning of the semester, although midterm admission can also be acquired in some universities and courses. Post graduate and doctoral courses can be negotiated as per the availability of the guides.
International students require a student visa to study in Australia and this can be done either directly or through the education agent. Individual students can get in touch with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship office nearest them in their country.
- In order to make the process of student visa application easier, keeping the integrity of the education quality intact, the Australian government introduced certain changes in 2010 under the recommendations of Knight Review.
- Those students, who want to pursue education in Australia and stay for more than 3 months will have to apply for student visa.
- The visa application form has minimum information requirements which can be filled up in the online mode or submitted in the nearest embassy of Australia.
- Health insurance should be done before one is issued the visa. People can apply for the compulsory medical insurance or the Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of stay in Australia.
- The courses for which the visa is being requested should be registered with the Australian government’s Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students or CRICOS.
Based on the various criteria outlined, students will be issued with multiple entry visa, which will allow them to move into and out of Australia, within the period for which the visa has been issued, which again depends on the courses for which the students have applied to study in Australia.
- In case the students are denied a visa, they can ask for a review of the same which will be communicated to the students in writing.
Education agents are people or organizations that arrange the admission of students in a university in Australia. They help with the putting in of the application and arrangement of the visa. For the students it is important to understand the services that they will be providing.
- Since these agents receive their commission from the education providers, they usually do not charge anything from the students. People should get their things cleared about the courses, the infrastructure, the tuition fees and the total expenditures. Any kind of paperwork that is involving the agent will have to be read properly by the students
- Students should read through the agreement clauses clearly and ensure that these agents are legitimate with good reputation. Though these agents are operating in helping gain admissions, they are not registered or endorsed with the Australian governments.
Cost of living and studies
Cost of living in Australia is a bit relative, which might be dependent on the country from which the students have arrived. Since the general standard of living in the continent is on the higher side, students will have to dole out about 500 AD for accommodations, food, clothing, entertainment, transport and telephone in a week. This figure varies slightly according to the location and university of the students.
- There are other charges such as those for the visa, the health insurance and such costs.
- Tuition fees might sometimes include other costs like the library charges, laboratory use, sports charges, and sometimes books. For the university courses, the cost comes to around 15,000 to 36,000 Aus Dollars per year.
Study scholarships in Australia are provided by universities, educational institutions and private organizations. Almost all types of courses in Australia are possible to be included under the scholarship grants. Most of the scholarships in Australia are of two types targeting the achievement streams aiming the students who are having exceptional merits while the developing stream is for the students from developing countries to allow them to pursue a course in Australia.
- There are the Australia Awards which have brought together the Australian Agency for International Development and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relation scholarships.
- Included in these awards are three categories of Endeavour Awards, Australian Leadership Awards, and Australian Development Scholarships.
Employees all over the world are aware of the high standard of education in Australia, thereby taking in graduates from the Australian universities. Science, business, biotechnology, etc are courses which have a high demand among the world employers. Some of the Australian universities provide employment assistance by conducting return back seminars so that the students are oriented for jobs in their home countries. Sometimes, the Australian government recruits people from their universities, if the students are having a good academic background and are considered to be fruitful for the economy of the continent.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>