WBPSC Advertisement No. 01/2023 – West Bengal Public Service Commission Recruitment 2023 Notification For West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) etc. Examination 2023-24
West Bengal Public Service Commission invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment of the Group A, B, C, and D Posts by conducting Civil Service (Executive) Examination 2023, on the results of which recruitment to the West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) and certain other services and posts will be made.
Starting Date for Registration/ Online Submission of Application: 28 FEBRUARY 2023
Last Date for Remittance of Fees: 21st March 2023 (Online)/ 22nd March 2023 (Offline)
Last Date for Registration/ Online Submission of Application: 21 MARCH 2023
Edit Window: 31st March to 6th April 2023
Preliminary Examination: June 2023
Detail of Posts: Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D
Details of Positions: West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) Etc. Exam
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)
- Assistant Commissioner of Revenue in the integrated West Bengal Revenue Service
- West Bengal Co-operative Service
- West Bengal Labour Service
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service
- West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)]
- West Bengal Police Service
- Joint Block Development Officer
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services
- Registrar (District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission)/ Joint Registrar (West Bengal State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission) under the Consumer Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal)
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
NOTE: The exact number of vacancies will be announced in due time of recruitment. Reservation for appropriate categories will be applicable to the available posts.
- Group A: Pay Level- 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300)
- Group B: Pay Level- 16 (56,100 – 1,44,300)
- Group C: Pay Level- 12 (35,800 – 92,100) to Pay Level- 15 (42,600 – 1,09,800)
- Group D: Pay Level- 10 (32,100 – 82,900)
Academics: The applicants must have completed Graduation Degree in any discipline in order to become eligible. The applicants must be able to read, write and speak Bengali. (not required for recruitment in the case of candidates from hill areas of the district of Darjeeling, i.e. for Nepali speaking candidates)
Age: The applicants should have acquired 21 years of age and should not be more than 36 years as on 01-January-2023. (Candidates must born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1987 and not later than the 1st January, 2002).
For the West Bengal Police Service only (Group ‘B’ Service) age not below 20 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of examination (Candidates must born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1987 and not later than the 1st January, 2003).
For services and posts included in group ‘D’ the age should not be below 21 years and not more than 39 years on the 1st day of January of the year of the examination (Candidates must born not earlier than the 2nd January, 1984 and not later than the 1st January, 2002).
Appropriate relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
Choice of Service: A candidate may apply for one or more of the four groups of services, viz., A, B, C, and D. The candidate is required to state clearly in the appropriate column of the application the particular Group or Groups for which he/she intends to compete. No further application for change of group(s) will be entertained.
Application Fee: Rs.210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) are exempted from payment of fee.
- The application fee can be remitted either by Online Payment mode as Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking; or Offline mode, Candidates are suggested to get a Challan of United Bank of India in their dashboard. Candidates can go to nearest United Bank of India next working day 11:00 AM on-wards and within closing hours of the bank to deposit the requisite fees.
Mode of Selection: The commission will hold a Preliminary Screening Examination (Written Test) for short-listing the candidates for Main Examination. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear the Main Examination, and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Main Examination will be called to appear at the Personality Test before final selection. Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose. The selection will be done strictly on a merit ranking order.
Name of the Preliminary Examination Centers with Code Number:
11–Kolkata, 12–Baruipur, 13–Diamond Harbour, 14–Barrackpore, 15–Barasat, 16–Howrah, 17–Chinsurah , 18–Burdwan, 19–Durgapur, 20–Medinipur, 21–Tamluk, 22–Bankura, 23–Purulia, 24–Jhargram, 25-Suri, 26–Krishnanagar, 27–Berhampore, 28-Malda,29–Balurghat, 30-Raigunj, 31-Jalpaiguri, 32-Alipurduar, 33-Coochbehar, 34-Siliguri, 35-Kalimpong and 36-Darjeeling.
Prior to submission of application, the candidates need to read through the detailed advertisement as available at the Commission’s Website. The candidates need to go for “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” before applying for these posts. Candidates if interested can apply for multiple posts with separate application forms. Application form must be complete in all respect. Candidates must have a valid Mobile Number (e-mail ID is optional). The Commission may send information for downloading Admit Card for Written Test/Interview through the registered E-mail ID/Mobile Number. The candidates are advised to keep a copy of their Online Application and Fee Payment receipt along with their Registration Number and Password for future reference.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official recruitment advertisement from West Bengal Public Service Commission, here, West Bengal Civil Service Executive ETC Exam 2023 Notification