OPSC Recruitment Advertisement 19/2022-23: Odisha Public Service Commission, invites online applications from eligible candidates for direct selection of 57 numbers of Civil Judges under the Law Department through Odisha Judicial Service Examination 2023.
Name of the Posts:
Civil Judges under Odisha Judicial Service Cadre under the Department of Law
Number of Vacancies:
Civil Judge in Odisha Judicial Service – Total 57 Posts (18 Women)
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 17 February 2023
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 17 March 2023
Date of Preliminary Examination: To be Announced.
Date of Main Examination: To be Announced.
Pay Scale and Remunerations: The selected candidates will be eligible for the Pay Scale of Rs.77,840-1,36,520/- under Odisha Judicial Service norms. The candidates will get other allowances and perks as per OJS service norms.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Educational Qualification & Experience: A candidate must hold the following set of qualification to become eligible to apply:
- Candidate must be a Graduate in Law of a University or Institution recognized by the Government.
- A Superintendent or a Ministerial Officer in the High Court or any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or an Assistant Law Officer or Translator of the Law Department of Government, shall also be eligible for appearing at the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service, if he/she is a Graduate in Law of a University recognized by the Government, has approved service in the High Court or in any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or in the Law Department of not less than seven years by the last date of submission of application (Such candidates should not exceed 39 years of age as on the last date of submission of application).
- The candidates must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently and should have studied in Odia medium up to at least Middle English standard.
- Age: A candidate should not have crossed 35 years and should have attained 23 years of age on the 01-August-2022. Candidates must not have been born earlier than the 2nd of August 1987 and not later than the 1st of August 1999. The Date of Birth entered in the High School Certificate will be considered as the proof of age. Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
For Departmental candidates, the maximum age is set at 39 years.
Mode of Selection: Direct recruitment to the Cadre of Civil Judges shall be made by the Commission through a competitive examination which shall consist of three parts, i.e. (i) Preliminary Written Examination of 100 marks, (ii) Main Written Examination of 300 marks and (iii) Interview of 100 marks in the manner provided in the Rules.
How to Apply: Online Mode [There is no need to send any hard copy of application at this moment]
Candidates must go through this Detailed Advertisement available on the Website of OPSC at OPSC Recruitment Advertisement 19-2022-23 before filling up the online application form.
The applicants will be required to submit the hard copy of application along with other essential credentials and other certificates after publication of OJS Preliminary Examination results at the dates to be notified later. The envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CIVIL JUDGE IN ODISHA JUDICIAL SERVICE -2023” in bold and capital letters.