Manipur Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a statutory organization at the state level, functioning as a nodal agency for competent selection of candidates for various Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ positions in the state. Since its establishment this Public Service Commission is working tirelessly for recruiting higher level candidates with competent selection for the Public Services of Government of Manipur. The commission is functioning as per the guidelines of the Union Public Service Commission as functioning at the central level.
With the recent notification, the Manipur PSC invites applications from competent candidates for selection of Principals for various Government Colleges operating in the state.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for application are as under:
- Date of availability of Application: 15-Oct-2013
- Last date for Submission of Application: 14-Nov-2013
- Date of Determining Age, Eligibility and other essentials: 14-Nov-2013
Name of the Posts:
- Principals: 25 vacancies (UR-14, ST-7, OBC-Meetei-3, OBC-Meetei pangal-1)
- One post is reserved for PWD candidates from these vacancies
Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for the position of Principals will be eligible for a Pay Band-IV in the range of Rs.37400–Rs.67000 with AGP of Rs.10000 and Special Allowance of Rs.2000
- Apart from reservations for SC/ST, Women & PWD candidates from the state of Manipur only, will also be eligible to obtain local reservation.
- There will be no reservation for the candidates from other states and all such candidates will be treated under the Unreserved category
- The interested candidates must have obtained a Master’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized institute with at least 55% marks or aggregate Grade Points
- The candidates should have completed a PhD
- The candidates must have an experience of at least 15 years as an Associate Professor in institutes of higher education/ colleges
- The candidates should have obtained a minimum API as per the scale mentioned in the UGC indicator (Consolidated API-400 from category-III API)
- The candidates must not have crossed maximum age of 35 years for General, as on 14-Nov-2013.
- For other norms for relaxation, please refer the original advertisement at //mpscmanipur.gov.in/files/Adv_Principal.pdf
Mode of Selection:
The selection will be done on the basis of various parameters as per the description given below:
- Academic Background: 20%
- Research Performance (based on API Score and Quality of Publications): 40%
- Assessment of Domain Knowledge and Teaching Skills: 20%
- Interview performance: 20%
All attempts would be taken to conduct the selection in a free and fare manner.
- For UR/ OBC Candidates: Rs.200
- For SC/ST: Rs.100
- The fees can be paid in shape of the cash at the counter of Manipur Public Service Commission at the time of obtaining Application Form
- The cost of Application Form would be Rs.100, which need to be deposited along with examination fees at the counter of Manipur PSC
How to receive the Application Form:
- The prescribed application forms along with syllabus for Preliminary Examination and information to the candidates will be available on payment of Rs. 100/- from the counter of the office of MPSC during office hour from 15-Oct-2013.
- The applicants can apply through the prescribed format of application as available with the information brochures
- The applicants should ensure that they have filled the right information at appropriate spaces.
- 3 copies of recent Passport size photograph along with a self-addressed envelope (27cmX12cm) with Rs.5 postal stamp must be attached along with the application form. The acknowledgement card should also be attached with Rs.5 Postal stamp on it.
- After completion of Application, the applicants need to attach other essential documents and Original fee Payment receipt and should be submitted by the candidate or his/ her representative in person/ by hand at the Manipur Public Service Commission Office
Website of the Commission: //mpscmanipur.gov.in