PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023 Score Card, GATE 2023 Notification, GATE 2023 Application Form, GATE 2023 Exam Date, GATE 2023 Syllabus, GATE 2023 Question Paper with Answer Keys, GATE 2023 Qualifying Marks, GATE 2023 Result
GATE 2023 – IIT Kanpur is the organizing institute for GATE 2023 | GATE-2023 score card will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for the year 2023 has been announced. With the recent announcement there is a wave of anxiety for the aspirants who are waiting for this examination for the year 2023 with completion of their academic career in Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
As one of the most sought after entrance examinations in India being managed and conducted by the premier institutions as Indian Institutes of Technology IITs (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee), Indian Institute of Science IISc Bangalore and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. GATE 2023 Examination will be conducted in 219 cities / towns.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the best of entrance examinations for a student in Engineering. This entrance examination allows a student to participate in the post-graduate programs in Engineering like ME and MTech and also allows a student to enter directly into research through PhD programs.
GATE 2023 will be conducted on 29 subjects. Examination for all the 29 subjects (papers) will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). A candidate can appear only in ANY ONE paper of the GATE examination.
Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY at GATE
Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The link will be made available on GATE 2023 website (gate.iitk.ac.in)
GATE 2023 Examination: Important Dates And Schedule
|GATE 2023 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||30 August 2022|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration / application portal||30 September 2022|
|End of EXTENDED period for online registration / application|
(with late fee)
|07 October 2022|
|GATE 2023 Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal|
(for download and printing)
|3rd January 2023|
|GATE 2023 Examination|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|4th February 2023|
5th February 2023
11th February 2023
12th February 2023
|GATE 2023 Availability of Answer Keys||21st February 2023|
|GATE 2023 Announcement of results in the Online Application Portal||16th March 2023|
|GATE 2023 Scorecard is available on GOAPS Portal for eligible candidates||21st March 2023|
GATE Score for Employment
List of Public Sector Undertakings PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Coal India Limited (CIL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Chenab Valley Power Projects Limited (CVPPL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Engineers India Limited (EIL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023 CLICK HERE | FAQs
Posts– Assistant Executive Engineer, Chemist, Geologist, Geophysicist, Materials Management Officer, Programming Officer, Transport Officer
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023, CLICK HERE
- Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDSL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Hindustan Copper Limited (HCL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023
- NLC India Limited (NLCIL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023,
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Recruitment Through GATE 2023, CLICK HERE
Post- Engineering Executive Trainees – 2023 through GATE-2023, Advt. No. 22/22
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Recruitment Through GATE 2023 CLICK HERE
Posts– Assistant Executive Engineer, Chemist, Geologist, Geophysicist, Materials Management Officer, Programming Officer, Transport Officer
- Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023, CLICK HERE
Advt. No. CC /06/2022 Engineer Trainee- Engineering Graduates for Executive positions
POWERGRID Application Starting Date 16th January 2023; Closing Date 18th February 2023
- Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) Recruitment Through GATE 2023 CLICK HERE
Advt. No. CC/17/2022 [EXECUTIVE TRAINEES in the disciplines of Electrical & Computer Science.]
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) Recruitment Through GATE 2023
- Central Silk Board CSB Recruitment Through GATE 2023 CLICK HERE
Posts- Recruitment of Scientist-B (Post-Cocoon)
Central Silk Board Advertisement No. CSB/7/2022
Eligibility for GATE 2023 | GATE 2023 Information Brochure
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is one of the most renowned entrance examinations of our country allowing an opportunity for under-graduate Engineering Degree students to take admission into post-graduate courses like MTech, ME or a direct entry into admission for PhD programs.
While the GATE scores are now considered as eligibility criteria for various job profiles at PSUs and even for higher studies in some countries like USA and Canada.
The GATE 2023 has been announced and you need to make yourself acquainted with the eligibility norms in order to qualify in the test procedure. You need to have this qualification as a minimum requirement for appearing GATE exam 2023. You must understand this very carefully so that you would ensure that you have the requisite skills and qualification on the date of the examination.
There is NO age limit to appear for GATE 2023 examination.
GATE 2023 Papers and Corresponding Codes
As the GATE for 2023 has been announced for the year 2022, it has brought some of the new features and new recommendations for students. You need to make yourself acquainted with the new structure of GATE as well as its new features in order to secure your preparation in the right direction.
Let us have an over view on what is new in this GATE 2023.
- A candidate may appear either in ONE or TWO subject papers. For candidates who choose TWO papers, the combination must be from the approved list of combinations and subject to the availability of infrastructure and date.
- Candidates opting to appear in TWO subject papers must have primary choice of paper, which will be their default choice and the second choice of paper, which has to be chosen from the allowed combinations.
- There will be 27 subject papers, which will be having online computer based tests including
- Aerospace Engineering – (EP code –AE)
- Agricultural Engineering – (EP code –AG)
- Architecture and Planning – (EP code –AR)
- Biomedical Engineering – BM
- Biotechnology – (EP code –BT)
- Civil Engineering – (EP code –CE)
- Chemical Engineering – (EP code –CH)
- Computer Science and Information Technology – (EP code –CS)
- Chemistry – (EP code –CY)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – (EP code –EC)
- Electrical Engineering – (EP code –EE)
- Environmental Science and Engineering – ES
- Ecology and Evolution – (EP code –EY)
- Geology and Geophysics – (EP code –GG)
- Instrumentation Engineering – (EP code –IN)
- Mathematics – (EP code –MA)
- Mechanical Engineering – (EP code –ME)
- Mining Engineering – (EP code –MN)
- Metallurgical Engineering – (EP code –MT)
- Petroleum Engineering – (EP code –PE)
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science – (EP code –TF)
- Physics – (EP code –PH)
- Statistics – (EP code –ST)
- Production and Industrial Engineering – (EP code –PI)
- Engineering Sciences – (EP code –XE)
- Life Sciences – (EP code –XL)
- Humanities and Social Science – XH
Engineering Sciences – XE*
- Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory) A
- Fluid Mechanics B
- Materials Science C
- Solid Mechanics D
- Thermodynamics E
- Polymer Science and Engineering F
- Food Technology G
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences H
Life Sciences – XL*
- Chemistry (Compulsory) P
- Biochemistry Q
- Botany R
- Microbiology S
- Zoology T
- Food Technology U
Humanities and Social Science – XH*
- Reasoning and Comprehension
GATE 2023 Score Computation
Candidate appearing in the GATE exam is issued a GATE score along with an All India Rank (AIR) which is the basis for admissions to various institutes. The GATE score is calculated using a specific formula. The GATE Score of candidates is computed from below mentioned formula
Computation: The GATE Score of a candidate is computed as
- S = GATE Score (normalised) of a candidate,
- M = Marks obtained by a candidte in a paper,
- Mq = Qualifying marks for general category candidates in the paper,
- Mt = Average Marks of top 0.1% or 10 (which ever is higher) of candidates in the paper,
- St = GATE Score assigned to Mt (around 900), and
- Sq = GATE Score assigned to Mq (around 300).
Mq is usually 25 marks (out of 100) or μ+σ, whichever is higher. Here μ is the mean of marks in a paper and σ is the standard deviation.
The GATE score is set to zero if the value calculated by the formula is less than zero and the GATE score is set to 1000 if the value calculated by the formula is more than 1000.
GATE 2023 Examination Cities | GATE 2023 Information Brochure
The GATE-2023 Coordination Committee has farmed out the list of cities that will be conducting Online GATE examination. The IITs and IISc will be acting as the Zonal Agencies and they will be responsible for smooth conduction of examination and competent selection of candidates for this highly reputed examination.
- For GATE-2023, there are 8 zones demarcated, each zone under the control of the Supreme Authorities (7 IITs and IISc)
- The Zonal Offices (Offices of concerned IITs and IISc) will be the sole contact for any queries or clarification for the Candidates
- The Details of the Zonal Offices and their controlled Examination Cities are as follows:
- IISc Bangalore (Web: www.gate.iisc.ernet.in ): Alappuzha, Aluva, Ananthapur, Attingal, Bagalkot, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Chengannur, Davengere, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Idukki, Kannur, Kanjirapally, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangalore, Manipal, Muvattupuzha, Mysore, Nedumangad, Pala, Palakkad, Payyannur, Punalur, Shimoga, Thrissur , Tumkur and Vadakara.
- IIT Bombay, Powai (Web: www.gate.iitb.ac.in ): Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Hyderabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Lonavala, Mahabubnagar, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Secunderabad, Solapur, Surat, Thane and Vadodara.
- IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas (Web: www.iitd.ac.in/gate): Alwar, Bahadurgarh (Haryana), Bikaner, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jammu, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, Palwal (Haryana), Shimla, Sikar, Udaipur-Chittorgarh and Ujjain.
- IIT Guwahati (Web: www.iitg.ernet.in/gate): Agartala, Asansol, Dhanbad, Durgapur, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri and Tezpur.
- IIT Kanpur (Web: www.iitk.ac.in/gate): Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Saugar (Sagar, MP), Sultanpur and Varanasi.
- IIT Kharagpur (Web: gate.iitkgp.ac.in): Balasore, Berhampur (Orissa), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (AP), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Srikakulam-Vizianagaram, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.
- IIT Madras (Web: www.gate.iitm.ac.in): Angamaly, Bapatla, Chennai North, Chennai South, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode, Gudur, Guntur, Kadapa, Kanyakumari, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Madurai, Nagercoil, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nellore, Ongole, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Virudhunagar and Warangal.
- IIT Roorkee (Web: www.iitr.ac.in/gate): Ambala, Amritsar, Bathinda, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani-Bhimtal, Hamirpur (HP)-Una, Jalandhar-Phagwara, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana-Moga, Meerut, Mohali-Rupnagar-Fatehgarh Sahib, Moradabad, Noida, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala-Sangrur, Roorkee-Muzaffarnagar, Sirmaur, Solan, Sonepat and Yamunanagar.
- International GATE, IIT Guwahati: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore
The candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of examination cities. The first and second choices must be from the same GATE zone and third choice can be from any GATE zone.
Every entrance examination bears its own advantages and you as a student need that focused approach to set a career with such an entrance test. For every examination you need to understand the basics of syllabus so as to make sure that you achieve your desired performance as per the academic branches of your preference. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one such coveted entrance examination to test your skills for allowing you admission in the post graduate programs in Engineering like ME, MTech or even direct PhD.
The applicants have to appear for the general section of the examination and have to select any one of the 27 defined papers for examination. These 27 papers are catering to special branches of Engineering and will test the comprehension skills of the candidate applying from his/ her core branch of Engineering.
The Common Section of GATE Syllabus 2023: This section will comprise of two major sections to test the Verbal Ability and the Numerical Ability:
Verbal Ability: English Language Comprehension, Grammar, Sentence Formation, Critical Reasoning, Verbal Analysis, Grouping of Words and Structural Analysis.
Numerical Ability: Numerical Analysis, Data Computation, Estimation, and Numerical Interpretation Skills.
The Subjective Section of GATE Syllabus 2023: There will be 27 subjective sections out of which a candidate can select any one as per his competency. This section will cater to the specific branches of Engineering study and the syllabus covered within.
How to Apply for GATE 2023 APPLY ONLINE NOW
Understanding the criteria for registration and eligibility criteria cannot provide any support unless a candidate applies for the registration through proper channel. You need to know how to apply for Online Registration of GATE-2021 examination with intrinsic details about filling up candidature.
- All Candidates need to apply through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) only
- The website of GOAPS is www.gate.iitk.ac.in
- Candidates have to register as a new user and fill in the Online Application Form
- The candidates need to upload their scanned Photograph and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application in the specified size and format
- The candidates then need to pay the application fees through Online mode / through Offline mode (refer to the section “Application Fee”)
- The candidates need to check the website at regular intervals for the status of application
- For any queries or clarifications candidates can coordinate with their Zonal Office through Help Desk numbers/ emails or through information centres
- Candidates have to download the Admit cards from the same website of GOAPS
- The candidates need to enable java script and enable cookies in their browser in order to fill the application smoothly
- The printed application form along with the supporting documents must be mailed by Speed Post or Registered Post to the Zonal Office concerned, as mentioned in the printed address slip that comes along with the PDF file of the application form so as to reach by last date specified.
- No other mode of sending application (such as Courier) will be considered
- The application registration process will only complete after receipt of the HARD-COPY of the application at Concerned GATE Zonal Offices.
The Admit Cards for GATE 2023 would be available only on GOAPS website. Candidates can download their Admit Card from GOAPS website. No printed copy of the Admit Cards will be posted to the candidates.
GATE 2023 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE scores to shortlist the candidates for employment. Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score. GATE 2023 will be of immense importance and it will cater to a large segment of competent professionals. So, gear up for impressive results with maximum emphasis on your preparation.