West Bengal Public Service Commission Announces West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2013
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2013 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Judicial Service.
The preliminary requirements for consideration of the candidates for this high-honored employment opportunity are described in brief underneath. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination prior to submitting his/her application. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
- Date of publication of the advertisement & Starting date of acceptance of Application: 26-Feb-2013
- Closing date for receipt of application: 25-March-2013
- Dates for remittance of fees: From 26-Feb till 25-March-2013 during banking days and hours
Tentative Number of Vacancies: 21 Posts (Unreserved – 12, BC Category A – 04, BC Category B -01, SC – 02, ST – 01, PWD – 01)
Nature of vacancies: All vacancies will be filled on temporary basic and likely to be made permanent
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
The selected candidates will be eligible for a Pay scale of Rs.27700-Rs.44770 along with permissible allowances and perks.
- An applicant must have a degree in Law from any recognized University or Institution
- Must have been enrolled as an advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India on the date of advertisement for the examination
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates of the three Hill Sub-divisions of Darjeeling District, viz., Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong and Kurseong)
- Minimum age of 23 years as on the date of advertisement (i.e. 25-Feb-2013)
- Maximum age of 35 years as on the date of advertisement
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be as per rules
- SC, ST, BC candidates from the state of West Bengal: Allowed to appear this examination for a maximum attempt of 5 times
- For all others: maximum attempt is 3 times
- The fee for SC, ST from West Bengal and PWD candidates: Exempted from paying any fee
- For all others: Rs.210
- The fees once paid will not be refunded back under any circumstances
- The fees can be remitted through Crossed Indian Postal Order which must be purchased on a date after publication of this advertisement in favor of The Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal
- The fees can also be remitted through a receipted Challan from a Government Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16-other fees”.
- No other mode of payment will be accepted
- The selection will be on the basis of performance in the examination conducted in three phases
- Phase – I : Preliminary Objective Type Examination
- Phase –II: Main subjective type examination
- Phase-III: Personal Interview
How to Apply:
- A candidate can apply through the prescribed format of application form as available on the website of West Bengal Public Service Commission at http://www.pscwb.org.in
- An applicant must attach one copy of recent passport size photograph signed and pasted on the application along with self-attested photocopies of certificates of age and prescribed educational qualification and self-attested photocopies of certificate obtained from the Bar Council in support of his/her enrollment as an Advocate in the roll of Bar Council of any State or Union Territory in India
- The application completed in all respect and attached with the original proof of payment must be sent to the following address by hand (in open envelope) or by UCP (Under Certificate of Posting) strictly. No other mode of applications will be received by the Commission
The Deputy Secretary (Examination)
Public Service Commission
161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 026, West Bengal
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here West Bengal Public Service Commission Announces West Bengal Judicial Service Examination 2013.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh