WB Police Inviting Application For Recruitment Of Excise Constable/ Lady Excise Constable-2013
As one of the most efficient Police forces of the country West Bengal Police is one of the most acclaimed forces in the country. With its recent notification, the WB Police is inviting applications for various positions of Excise Constables from Male/ lady profiles for 2013.
The details of the vacancies and the recruitment profiles are mentioned as under:
Name of the Positions: Excise Constable/ Lady Excise Constable
Number of Positions: 1267 (under 9 Excise division/ organisation under WB Police)
- Starting date of availability of application form: 24-Jan-2013
- Last date for availability of application form: 24-Feb-2013
- Last date for receipt of Application form: 25-Feb-2013
- The selected candidates will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.5400-Rs.25200 (under Pay Band-2) with Grade Pay Rs.2600 along with other admissible allowances.
The candidates must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination under any Board recognized by the State Government or the Central Government.
- The applicants must have attained a min age of 18 and max age of 27 years as on 1-Jan-2013
However, there will be age relaxation in upper age limits for SC/ ST and other privileged candidates
Mode of Selection:
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the following for recruitment positions before the Range Recruitment Board.
- Verification of the document submitted
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
- Written Examination (those who qualify in PMT and PET)
The selected candidates will be called for a medical examination at the State Government designated Hospitals before final appointment. The certificate of medical fitness will be issued by authorized Medical Officer.
- For SC/ST candidates: Fees are exempted
- For all others: Rs.150 (through Crossed DD/ IPO)
- It is to be noted that Treasury Challan / Money Orders / Cheques / Cash will not be accepted.
Mode of Application and How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply in the prescribed format as provided by the concerned offices
- The application forms can be collected in person at the offices as mentioned on the website of the WB Police at http://policewb.gov.in/wbp/recruit/notice_inviting_application_excise.pdf by providing a Crossed demand draft/ IPO for Rs.150 in favour of “West Bengal Police Recruitment Board”
- The candidate need to take their caste certificates/ photo ID card to collect applications
- The applications will be available from 24-Jan-2013 onwards at
- Offices of all District Superintendents of Police (all districts)
- Office of the Commissioner of Police (except Kolkata)
Where to send the Completed Application Form:
All applications properly filled up must reach the below mentioned address before the scheduled date (i.e. 25-Feb-2013):
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board
Araksha Bhavan (PCC), Sector-II
Block-DJ, Salt Lake City
Candidates may visit West Bengal Police website (http://policewb.gov.in ) or website of Excise Department, Government of West Bengal (www.wbexcise.gov.in ) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.
Post Author: Priyanka Singh