With a view to see that health care delivery system at the desired level shall run effectively and smoothly with the required number of Medical/ Paramedical and other Staff belonging to various categories at different level, Department of Health & Family Welfare Government of West Bengal has constituted “West Bengal Health Recruitment Board”
The West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) is responsible for selecting and recommending candidates for direct recruitment to posts permanent or temporary for which the appointing authority is the Government in the Department of Health & Family Welfare and authority subordinate to the Governor.
With the recent announcement from WBHRB, applications from eligible and qualified candidates are invited for 2315 vacancies of Medical Officers (both GDMO and Specialists) and Block Medical Officers of Health (Basic health-cum-Administrative Officer) under the Health and FW Department of the state.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for selection thereof are described as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are intended to be filled through Online mode only as available at the website of the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) at http://www.wbhrb.in/
- Starting date for Online Registration of Application: 28-May-2014
- Last Date for Online Registration of Application: 16-June-2014 till 08:00 PM
- Payment of Application Fees (Online): from 28-May till 16-June-2014
- Payment of Application Fees (Offline): from 29-May till 23-June-2014
- Final date for submission of application on portal: 25-June-2014
Details of the vacancies:
- General Duty Medical Officers (GDMO): 1492 Posts (UR-789, SC-330, ST-89, BC-A-149, BC-B-105, PWD-30)
- Block Medical Officer of Health: 117 Posts (UR-62, SC-26, ST-07, BC-A-12, BC-B-08, PWD-02)
- Medical Officers (Specialist): 706 Posts (UR-375, SC-156, ST-42, BC-A-70, BC-B-49, PWD-14)
- General Medicine: 114 Posts
- General Surgery: 112 Posts
- Gyn & Obs: 150 Posts
- Anaesthesia: 96 Posts
- Ophthalmology: 20 Posts
- Otorhinolaryngology: 20 Posts
- Dermatology: 15 Posts
- Microbiology/ Pathology: 15 Posts
- Paediatric Medicine: 90 Posts
- Orthopaedic Surgery: 30 Posts
- Radiodiagnosis: 22 Posts
- Psychiatry: 10 Posts
- Medico-Legal: 12 Posts
- The rules of reservation for SC, ST, BC, EBC, WBC candidates are applicable as per the normal recruitment norms.
- The candidates selected will be eligible to receive remuneration in the Pay Band-4-A in the scale of Rs.15600 – Rs.42000 with grade pay of Rs.5400 and NPP along with other perks and allowances.
Criteria for Age:
- The candidates should not have exceeded the maximum age of 32 years (for general Graduates) and 40 years (for those with PG Qualification) as on 01-Jan-2014.
- In case of higher experience and higher qualification, the maximum age may be further relaxed.
- Date of birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent Admit Card/ Certificate will only be accepted.
- However, the age relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for candidates belonging to respective identified categories (SC, ST, BC-A, BC-B, PWD, etc.)
Criteria for Education:
- GDMO: The applicant must have passed Medical Qualification included in the first or 2nd Schedule or Part-II of the 3rd Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The candidates should have registered them as Medical Practitioners in West Bengal. One years of Practical Training as House Staff in any recognized Medical is essential for these posts. Working experience in the Public Health sector is desirable.
- Specialists: The applicant must have passed Medical Qualification included in the first or 2nd Schedule or Part-II of the 3rd Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The candidates should have registered them as Medical Practitioners in West Bengal. One years of Practical Training as House Staff in any recognized Medical is essential for these posts. The candidates must have required Post-Graduate Qualification in the speciality concerned.
- Block Medical Officer of Health: The applicant must have passed Medical Qualification included in the first or 2nd Schedule or Part-II of the 3rd Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The candidates should have registered them as Medical Practitioners in West Bengal. Preference will be offered to candidates having PG-Diploma/ PG-Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Management and Hospital Administration.
Application Fee and Intimation charges:
- For SC, ST & PWD from the state of West Bengal: Fees Exempted
- For all others along with ST, ST from other states: Rs.210 only.
- The payment of Application fees can be done through Online Net Banking or Offline through counters of any bank listed under Government Receipt Portal System in the head of account “0051-00-104-002-16”
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted
- The selection will be made on the basis of norms as decided by the West Bengal Health Recruitment Board.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through the online mode at the website of West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) at http://www.wbhrb.in/ .
- The candidates are advised to refer to the detailed advertisement at http://www.wbhrb.in/Images/WBHRB_Advt_MO.pdf, before applying online.
- The candidates should ensure that their personal email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
- The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
- The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces (if applying through Online mode)
- The candidates need to submit/upload their fee payment details on the Portal so as to finalize and confirm their candidature by the date denominated (i.e. 25-Jun-2014).
- The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment receipt for future reference.