WBPSC Advertisement No. 21/2016- West Bengal Public Service Commission Recruitment 2017 Notification For West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) etc. Examination 2016-17
West Bengal Public Service Commission invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment of the Group A, B, C, and D Posts by conducting Civil Service (Executive) Examination 2017, on the results of which recruitment to the West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) and certain other services and posts will be made.
Starting Date for Registration/ Online Submission of Application: 04-November-2016
Starting Date for Remittance of Fees:
28-November-2016 Extended to 05-December-2016 (05-December-2016 in case offline mode, Challan must be generated by the 5th December, 2016)
Last Date for Registration/ Online Submission of Application:
28-November-2016 Extended to 04-December-2016
Preliminary Examination: 29-January-2017
Academics: The applicants must have completed Graduation Degree in any discipline in order to become eligible. The applicants must be able to read, write and speak Bengali. (not required for recruitment in the case of candidates from hill areas of the district of Darjeeling, i.e. for Nepali speaking candidates)
Age: The applicants should have acquired 21 years of age and should not be more than 32 years as on 01-January-2016. Those applicants, who age in between 20 – 21 years may apply for Group-B posts only. Appropriate relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms.
Choice of Service: A candidate may apply for one or more of the four groups of services, viz., A, B, C, and D. The candidate is required to state clearly in the appropriate column of the application the particular Group or Groups for which he/she intends to compete. No further application for change of group(s) will be entertained.
Detail of Posts: Group A, Group B, Group C, and Group D
Details of posts:
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)
- West Bengal Commercial Tax Service
- West Bengal Agricultural Income tax Service
- West Bengal Excise Service
- West Bengal Co-operative Service
- West Bengal Labour Service
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service
- West Bengal Employment Service [Except the post of Employment Officer (Technical)]
- West Bengal Registration and Stamp Revenue Service
- West Bengal Police Service
- Joint Block Development Officer
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
NOTE: The exact number of vacancies will be announced in due time of recruitment. Reservation for appropriate categories will be applicable to the available posts.
- Group A: Rs.15600 – Rs.42000 in PB-4A with Grade pay of Rs.5400 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.21000 per month as per rules.
- Group B: Rs.15600 – Rs.42000 in PB-4A with Grade pay of Rs.5400 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.21000 per month as per rules.
- Group C: Rs.9000 – Rs.40500 in PB-4 with Grade pay of Rs.4400 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.13400 per month as per rules.
- Group D: Rs.7100 – Rs.37600 in PB-3 with Grade pay of Rs.3900 (Other allowances as applicable). Gross Emoluments at entry level will be around Rs.12270 per month as per rules.
Application Fee: Rs.210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) are exempted from payment of fee.
- The application fee can be remitted either by Online Payment mode as Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking; or Offline mode, Candidates are suggested to get a Challan of United Bank of India in their dashboard. Candidates can go to nearest United Bank of India next working day 11:00 AM on-wards and within closing hours of the bank to deposit the requisite fees.
Mode of Selection: The commission will hold a Preliminary Screening Examination (Written Test) for short-listing the candidates for interview. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear the Main Examination and Personal Interview before final selection. Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose. The selection will be done strictly on a merit ranking order.
Name of the Preliminary Examination Centers with Code Number:
01–Kolkata (North), 02–Kolkata (South), 03–Baruipur, 04–Diamond Harbour, 05–Barrackpore, 06–Barasat, 07–Howrah, 08–Burdwan, 09–Asansol, 10–Medinipur, 11–Tamluk, 12–Bankura, 13–Berhampore, 14–Malda, 15–Jalpaiguri, 16–Alipurduar, 17–Cooch Behar, 18–Siliguri and 19–Darjeeling.
How to Apply: The candidates must apply through Online Mode only which can be done at the website of WB PSC at www.pscwbonline.gov.in
- Prior to submission of application, the candidates need to read through the detailed advertisement as available at the Commission’s Website.
- The candidates need to go for “ONE TIME REGISTRATION” before applying for these posts.
- Candidates if interested can apply for multiple posts with separate application forms.
- Application form must be complete in all respect
- Candidates must have a valid Mobile Number (e-mail ID is optional). The Commission may send information for downloading Admit Card for Written Test/Interview through the registered E-mail ID/Mobile Number.
- The candidates are advised to keep a copy of their Online Application and Fee Payment receipt along with their Registration Number and Password for future reference.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official recruitment advertisement from West Bengal Public Service Commission, here, WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE (EXE.) ETC. EXAM 2017 Notification