WB Police Inviting Application For Recruitment To The Posts Of Sub-Inspector/ Lady SI (Unarmed) -2013
As one of the most efficient Police forces of the country West Bengal Police is one of the most acclaimed forces in the country. With its recent notification, the WB Police is inviting application for recruitment to the posts of Sub-Inspector/ Lady Sub-Inspector (Unarmed) profiles for 2013.
The details of the vacancies and the recruitment profiles are mentioned as under:
Name of the Positions: Sub-Inspector/ Lady Sub-Inspector (Unarmed)
Number of Positions: 400 posts
- Sub-Inspector (Un-armed) – 282 positions
- Lady Sub-Inspector (Un-armed) – 118 positions
- Starting date of availability of application form: 20-March-2013
- Last date for availability of application form: 16-April-2013
- Last date for receipt of Completed Application form: 17-April-2013
- The selected candidates will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.7100-Rs.37600 (under Pay Band-3) with Grade Pay Rs.3900 along with other admissible allowances.
The candidates must have a Bachelors Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent.
- The applicants must have attained a min age of 20 and max age of 27 years as on 1-Jan-2013
However, there will be age relaxation in upper age limits for SC/ ST and other privileged candidates as per State Government Rules
- For Male Candidates: Height-1.67 mtrs, Weight- 51.5 Kgs, Chest- 79 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms, Vision-According to Health Manual
- For Female Candidates: Height-1.60 mtrs, Weight- 45 Kgs, Vision-According to Health Manual
- For Hilly Area Male/ Female candidates: there will be appropriate consideration of the physical standard as per WB Police Rules
Note: Departmental candidates who have already appeared at the examination for recruitment of Sub-Inspectors / Lady Sub-Inspectors on 3 earlier occasions shall not be eligible
Mode of Selection:
The candidates will be selected on the basis of the following for recruitment positions before the Range Recruitment Board.
- Verification of the document submitted
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
- Final Written Examination (those who qualify in PMT and PET)
- Personality Test (Interview)
The selected candidates will be called for a medical examination at the State Government designated Hospitals before final appointment. The certificate of medical fitness will be issued by authorized Medical Officer.
- For SC/ST candidates of West Bengal state: Fees are exempted
- For all others: Rs.150 (through Crossed Account Payee Demand Draft/ Indian Postal Order)
- DD should be made on any nationalized bank payable at Kolkata and IPO should be payable at GPO Kolkata
- It is to be noted that Treasury Challan / Money Orders / Cheques / Cash will not be accepted.
Mode of Application and How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply in the prescribed format
- Application Form will be issued to the candidates on production of Bank Draft / Postal Order of Rs. 150/- (One hundred fifty only) or Caste Certificate (for the candidates from Schedule Tribe / Scheduled Caste Community of West Bengal only).
- The application forms can be collected in person at the offices as mentioned on the website of the WB Police at http://policewb.gov.in/wbp/recruit/subinspector/nia_si_wbprb.pdf
- The candidate need to take their caste certificates/ photo ID card to collect applications
- The envelope containing the completed application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SUB-INSPECTOR (UN-ARMED) / LADY SUB-INSPECTOR (UN-ARMED) OF POLICE IN WEST BENGAL POLICE – 2013”
- The applications will be available from 20-March-2013 onwards at
- Offices of all District Superintendents of Police (all districts)
- Office of the Commissioner of Police (except Kolkata)
Where to send the Completed Application Form:
All applications properly filled up must reach the below mentioned address before the scheduled date (i.e. 25-Feb-2013):
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board
Araksha Bhavan (PCC), Sector-II
Block-DJ, Salt Lake City
Candidates may visit West Bengal Police website (http://policewb.gov.in ) for ascertaining developments of recruitment process from time to time.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here WB Police Recruitment 2013 For Sub-Inspector and Lady SI Vacancies.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>