WAPCOS Limited Recruitment 2014 For Engineering Trainee (Civil/ Electrical)
Incorporated in 1969 under the Companies Act, WAPCOS is a Public Sector Enterprise, which provides consultancy services in all facets of Water Resources, Power and Infrastructure sectors in India and Abroad. WAPCOS Limited has been conferred with a “MINI RATNA” status as a Public Sector Enterprise under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Water Resources. Certified with ISO 9001:2008, Quality Management System, WAPCOS has geared itself to provide Concept to Commissioning services for developmental projects across the globe.
Apart from India, WAPCOS has successfully completed and continuing consultancy assignments abroad in more than 50 countries. WAPCOS always strives to provide state-of-the-art technology, cost effective solutions and on-time implementation and delivery of projects to its clients across the world. The major funding agencies of WAPCOS are World Bank, JBIC, ADB, African Development Bank and UNOPS.
With the recent notification from WAPCOS, it invites applications in prescribed formats, from deserving candidates for recruitment of various profiles in multiple disciplines to be posted in various mills under its administration.
The details of the vacancies along with eligibility criteria for recruitment are as under:
- Date of publication of notification: 09-June-2014 (for Special Recruitment Drive for ST and OBC)
- Date of publication of notification: 10-June-2014 (for general recruitment of Engineer Trainees)
- Last date for receipt of completed application form: 20 Days from the date of publication of advertisement (for Special Recruitment Drive for ST and OBC)
- Last date for receipt of completed application form: 21 Days from the date of publication of advertisement (for general recruitment of Engineer Trainees)
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-July-2014
Details of Job Positions:
Engineering Trainee – Civil (for Special Recruitment Drive for ST and OBC): 08 Positions (ST-06, OBC-02)
Engineering Trainee – Civil (for general recruitment of Engineer Trainees): 30 Positions
Engineering Trainee – Electrical (for general recruitment of Engineer Trainees): 10 Positions
Reservation for Engineering Trainee (Civil/ Electrical) (General Recruitment):
- Total 40 Posts out of which 20 Posts are Unreserved, 06 posts are reserved for SC, 03 posts reserved for ST candidates and remaining 11 Posts are reserved for OBC-NCL category
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for Engineering Trainee positions will be eligible for Basic pay @ Rs.16400 in the IDA Pay Scale of Rs.16400 – Rs.40500 along with HRA, IDA plus perks up to Rs.5000 per month.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per the rules of the WAPCOS for permanent positions.
Duration of Training:
- The candidates selected for Engineering Trainee positions will undergo training for a duration of 1 year from the date of their joining. During this period they will receive the remuneration at the rate of basic pay + allowances.
- Upon successful completion of Training period, they will be considered for permanent employment as Engineers in WAPCOS in the same grade.
Service Agreement Bond:
- The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organisation for at least four (4) years after successful completion of training. The amount of bond is Rs.100000 for GEN/OBC and Rs.50000 for SC/ST/PWD candidates for General Recruitment.
- The amount of bond will be Rs.50000 for OBC candidates and Rs.25000 for SC/ST candidates in Special Recruitment Drive for ST and OBC for the same years of commitment of service.
- The candidates interested to join these posts under General Recruitment, must have completed full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with not less than 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate taking average of all the semesters/years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. These candidates must have a valid GATE Score with them in concerned disciplines.
- The candidates interested to join these posts must have completed BE/ BTech and ME/ MTech in Civil Engineering discipline having aggregate CGPA score of 6.00 and above for Special Recruitment for ST & OBC. However, GATE Score is not mandatory for Special Recruitment Drive.
- Relevant Post-Qualification experience will be given adequate consideration.
- For applicant must not have crossed over 27 years of age as on 01-July-2014.
- For Special Recruitment Drive the applicant must not have crossed over 27 years of age as on 09-June-2014
Stages of Examination & Selection:
- The selection will be done on the basis of short-listing of candidates as per company norms and followed by a process of Personal Interview as designed by the WAPCOS.
- The final selection will be as per a merit performance in the selection process.
How to apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions can apply through a plain paper application in the prescribed format only as available at the website of WAPCOS at http://www.wapcos.gov.in/ .
- Due care should be taken to fill up the details in the Application neatly and correctly.
- The details of the advertisement can be referred to at http://www.wapcos.gov.in/Applicant/AdvertisementList.aspx before submitting the application
- The candidates are required to submit the Application complete in all respects and attached with recent Photographs, duly attested and Certificates as required against each criteria mentioned on the application.
- Applications duly filled-in along with the Photocopy of certificates need to be submitted in the Office (Addresses mentioned below) so as to reach the office before the last date notified (20/21 days from the date of notification as per the specific category of employment).
- The application form and other essential document should be enclosed in an envelope and super-scribed as “Application for the post of …………………………”
- Candidates can check the website of WAPCOS (http://www.wapcos.gov.in/ ) for further updates on the recruitment.
- Addresses to send the completed Applications:
The Chief (Pers)
Plot No.76-C, Sector-18
Gurgaon-122 015, Haryana
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>