Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) is the major division of the ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) dedicated towards the Space Research and development of Rocket Propulsion Technology and Space Vehicles. The VSSC is situated at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala. This is one of the premier indigenous establishments of Rocket Science in India, which has credit for many successful space launches.
With the recent announcement, the VSSC has announced a notification to fill up 07 vacancies for Scientist/ Engineer-SC with its advertisement No. 286 on 11-Aug-2014. In the words of VSSC, “If you have an excellent academic track record and dream to be the part of the frontline research being done in the country, then this is a call for you!”
The essential criteria for eligibility cited for the vacant positions of JRF are as follows:
- Date for starting of Online Registration of Application: 11-Aug-2014 from 1000 Hours
- Date of closing of Online Registration of Application: 01-Sep-2014 till 1700 Hours
- Last date of receipt of confirmatory copy/hardcopy of Online Application by VSSC: 08-Sep-2014 till 1700 Hours
Details of Vacancy Profile: Scientist/ Engineer-SC
- Post No.1266: 02 Posts
- Post No.1267: 03 Posts
- Post No.1268: 01 Post
- Post No.1269: 01 Post
Pay Scale and Allowances:
- The candidates selected as Scientist/ Engineer-SC, will receive a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and a Grade pay of Rs.5400 per month in PB-III.
- The approximate starting emolument will be around Rs.46000 per month with other allowances and perks.
- These candidates will also be eligible for HRA and other allowances as admissible to regular employees of VSSC.
Basic Academic Eligibility Conditions:
- Post No.1266: The candidates should have obtained a 1st Class M.E/ M.Tech in Structural Engineering/ Applied Mechanics/ Machine Design with pre-eligibility qualification of B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Aeronautical Engineering. He/ She must have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/CPI (minimum 6.5 with grading on a 10 point scale).
- Post No.1267: The candidates should have obtained a 1st Class B.E/ B.Tech in Chemical Engineering. He/ She must have secured minimum 65% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/CPI (minimum 6.5 with grading on a 10 point scale).
- Post No.1268: The candidates should have obtained a 1st Class B.E/ B.Tech in Metallurgy Engineering. He/ She must have secured minimum 65% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/CPI (minimum 6.5 with grading on a 10 point scale).
- Post No.1269: The candidates should have obtained a 1st Class B.E/ B.Tech in Fire & Safety Engineering. He/ She must have secured minimum 65% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/CPI (minimum 6.5 with grading on a 10 point scale).
- Aspiring candidates should not attain a maximum age of 35 years as on 01-Sep-2014 (for General candidates).
- The upper age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST and PWD candidates will be entitled to respective candidates as per the regulations of the Government of India.
Mode of Selection:
- Based on the online application, initial screening will be conducted to short-list the candidates for Written Test/ Interview.
- The result of the test will be announced on the VSSC website.
- At present the place of posting is VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Units of the Indian Space Research Organization/ Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
How to Apply:
- The applications for the above positions will be received by the VSSC through Online mode only.
- The format of Online Application can be reviewed on the website of the VSSC at www.vssc.gov.in and can be filled up online through detailed information and guidelines as available on the website.
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement as available at http://www.vssc.gov.in:8080/RMT286/advtno_286.html , before filling-up of Online Application.
- The candidates are requested to submit One Confirmation Copy of the Online Application to the following address duly affixed with a recent color Passport size photograph along with the NOC (No Objection Certificate) as and where applicable.
- The applicant should not send any other documents such as copies of certificates/ mark-lists in proof of educational qualification, work experience, age etc.
- The applicants will be provided with an Online Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference.
- The Confirmation Copy may be sent to:
The Senior Administrative Officer
Recruitment And Review Section
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre
ATF Area, Indian Space Research Organization Post Office
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
PIN: 695 022