Vishakhapatanam (Vizag) Steel Plant (VSP) is India’s first shore-based integrated Steel Plant under the Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL). This plant is commissioned with state of the art technology and is a prime producer of long steel products in the country having extensive market. With an annual turnover of over Rs.14000 crores, the company is poised to commission its second phase of expansion from 3.0 MTPA to 7.3 MTPA liquid steel capacity by 2014-15.
With the recent announcement, The Vizag Steel intends to recruit young, enthusiastic, and professionally qualified candidates as Assistant Executive (Microbiology) and Technician (Cable Jointer) in its core sector of operation. Only male candidates are eligible to apply for Technician (Cable Jointer) posts.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Last date for submission of Application in prescribed format: 16-Jun-2014
- Last date for remittance of Application Fees: 16-Jun-2014
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 01-May-2014
Vacancy Post/ Number of Vacancies:
- Assistant Executive (Microbiology): 02 Posts (UR-01, OBC-01)
- Technician (Cable Jointer) (only for male): 04 Posts (UR-02, OBC-01, SC-01)
NOTE: Reservation for Ex-SM and Meritorious Sportspersons will be applicable as per rules.
Pay Scale and Remuneration:
- Assistant Executive (Microbiology): The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.16400 – Rs.40500 in the E-0 grade in IDA pattern.
- Technician (Cable Jointer): The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.9160 – Rs.13150 in the S-3 grade in IDA pattern.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per rules of VSP
- Assistant Executive (Microbiology): The candidates should have passed a regular full-time Masters Degree (MS) in Microbiology with at least 60% marks. They should possess minimum 3 years of Post-Qualification Experience in a Chemical Industry.
- Technician (Cable Jointer): The candidates should have passed a regular SSC/Matriculation with ITI in Electrician Trade. They should possess minimum 3 years of Post-Qualification Experience (2 and half years for SC candidates) in a repair, jointing and termination of HV & LV cables along with laying and dressing of HT, LT control cables.
Age of the Candidates:
- The candidates should not have crossed the max age limit of 30 years as on the scheduled date (01-May-2014)
- However, relaxation in upper age limit for OBC, SC, Ex-SM and Meritorious Sportspersons will be applicable as per rules of Central Government
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Assistant Executive (Microbiology) will have to go through a Written Test followed by Interview at Vishakhapatnam.
- The candidates who wish to apply for the position of Technician (Cable Jointer) will have to go through a Written Test followed by Trade Test (Practical) and a Personal Interview.
- Further selection for Personal Interview will be based on the Written Test and Practical test, wherever applicable.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Test
The candidates should be medically fit to carry out the tasks assigned. The minimum height is set at 150 cm (143 cm for Female candidates) and should weigh at least 50 Kgs (45 Kg for female). They should not have squint or color-blindness.
- Application Fee: Rs.300 (for all)
- Bank Commission: Maximum Rs.25
- The fee can be remitted in shape of a cash deposit challan in favour of “RINL Recruitment Account No. 30589461220” in any core banking branches of State Bank of India
- No other format of fee payment will however be accepted.
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the web portal of Vizag Steel at https://www.vizagsteel.com/ as per the requisite procedure.
- The details of this advertisement can be obtained at www.vizagsteel.com/code/tenders/jobdocs/16783Rectt%20Advt%20No%20032014.pdf or at www.vizagsteel.com/myindex.asp?tm=9&url=code/tenders/viewjobads.asp
- The candidates are advised to fill the application with facts and attach all supporting documents in support of Age, Education and Experience.
- The candidates are to paste their recent passport size photograph and put their signature on the application form
- Any wrong or misleading information or canvassing will result in disqualification
- The candidates can apply for any one post only
- Applications completed in all respect and attached with necessary fees and supporting documents should be enclosed in an envelope and should be super-scribed as “Application for the Post Of ______________” and must be sent to the following address so as to reach by the last date specified (16-Jun-2014) by Speed Post/ Registered Post only
- Address to send the Application:
The Assistant General Manager (Personnel-Recruitment)
Room No: 233, Main Administration Building,
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited, Vizag Steel Plant
Visakhapatnam – 530 031