Vizag Steel Plant (VSP) is India’s first costal integrated Steel Plant under the control of RINL (Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited). With an annual turnover of over Rs.14000 crores, the company is planning to commission its Phase-II of expansion to attain a production capacity of 7.3 MTPA liquid steel by 2014-15. This company has been conferred with a Navratna status from the Government of India.
With the recent announcement, the Vizag Steel intends to recruit young, and self-motivated professional candidates as Junior Trainees in Vishakhapatnam Steel Plant.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Date of publication of Advertisement & Starting Date for Online Registration: 27-Jun-2014
- Last date for registration of Online Application and remittance of Application Fee: 07-Jul-2014
- Date for Publication of Merit List and availability of Admit cards: 27-Jul-2014
- Date for Written Examination (tentative): 10-Aug-2014
- Date for reckoning Age and Education: 01-June-2014
Vacancy Post/ Number of Vacancies:
- Junior Trainee: 248 Posts (UR-124, OBC-69, SC-49, ST-10 out of which 11 Posts are for PWD candidates)
- Mechanical: 169 Posts
- Electrical: 72 Posts
- Instrumentation: 07 Posts
NOTE: Preference will be given to Displaced Persons of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. Such candidates need not apply for these posts as the list of such candidates will be obtained from the Sub-Employment Exchange of Gajuwaka.
Pay Scale and Remuneration:
- The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the following manner:
- 1st year of Training: Rs.10700 per month consolidated
- 2nd year of Training: Rs.12200 per month consolidated
- After successful completion of Training and Final Induction: In the scale of Rs.9160 – Rs.13150 in the S-3 grade in IDA pattern.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per rules of VSP
- The candidates should have passed SSC (Matriculation) with ITI (2 years of above duration)/ Diploma in Engineering in the concerned Trades/ Disciplines and should have secured at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Mechanical: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/ ITI Trade Certificate in the trades of Fitter/ Millwright/ Machinist/ Turner/ Draughtsman-Mechanical.
- Electrical: Diploma in Electrical Engineering/ ITI Trade Certificate in the Electrician trade.
- Instrumentation: Diploma in Electronics/ Electronics & Communications/ Instrumentation/ Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ ITI Trade Certificate in the trades of Electronics/ Instrument Mechanic.
Age of the Candidates:
- The candidates should have achieved at least 18 years of age and should not have crossed the max age limit of 27 years as on the scheduled date (01-June-2014)
- However, relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC candidates will be applicable as per rules of Central Government upon production of relevant certificates.
- The candidates should be medically fit to carry out the tasks assigned. The minimum height is set at 150 cm (143 cm for Female candidates) and should weigh at least 50 Kgs (45 Kg for female). They should not have squint or colour-blindness and Chest measurement should be 75cm minimum (80 cm with expansion).
Period of Training:
- The candidates once selected for these positions will have to serve the Vizag Steel Plant on 3 rotating shifts for their engagement period.
- They will have to serve the VSP as a Trainee for an initial period of 2 years from the date of joining.
- They may be inducted as a permanent employee of VSP upon successful completion of training and availability of vacancies in the VSP.
- Application Fee: Rs.300 (for General and OBC)
- Bank Commission: Maximum Rs.25
- The fee can be remitted in shape of a cash deposit challan in favour of “RINL Recruitment Account No. 30589461220” in any core banking branches of State Bank of India
- No other format of fee payment will however be accepted.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection for these posts will be done through a Written test on General Aptitude & Branch Subjects, followed by a Personal Interview at Vishakhapatnam.
- The VSP will short-list candidature as per its prevailing norms for Personal Interview.
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Test.
- Test paper will be set in bilingual in English and Telugu.
- Merit list will be prepared separately for each branch.
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply through ONLINE mode of application as available at the web portal of Vizag Steel at https://eproc.vizagsteel.com/jt_2014/1_info.asp as per the requisite procedure.
- The details of this advertisement can be obtained at https://eproc.vizagsteel.com/jt_2014/docs/Web_Advt-06_2014.pdf and should be referred invariably before filling competent applications.
- The candidates are advised to fill the application with facts and upload all supporting documents in support of Age, Education and Experience.
- The candidates are to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature on the application form
- The candidates can apply for any one post only
- Applications completed in all respect and with necessary fee deposit slip and supporting documents should be retained with the candidates for future reference and should be produced while asked by the selection Authority.
- Any wrong or misleading information or canvassing will result in disqualification.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>