As an important department under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts is considered as lifeline of Indian Communication since a long past. Although there has been significant changes in the methods of communication in the age of emails and Mobile Telephony, this Department has not loosen its charm of being one of the most trusted and reputed partner facilitating mail communications in India. The Postal Jobs in India are still considered as an admirable opportunity for all aspirants searching for a government job position.
With the recent announcement, the CPMG, Uttarakhand is inviting competent applications for filling up the posts of Postman in various Postal divisions under Uttarakhand Postal Circle.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility are as under:
Most important Dates:
- Date of publication of Notification: 31-Dec-2013
- Starting date of availability of Application Format from selected Post Office: 01-Jan-2014
- Last date for availability of Application Format from selected Post Office: 21-Jan-2014
- Last Date of submission of completed Application Form: 28-Jan-2014
Name of the Vacancy: Postman
Number of Positions: Total 50 Positions
- Almoda Division: 07 Positions (UR-04, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-01)
- Chamoli Division: 01 Position (ST)
- Dehradun Division: 21 Positions (UR-14, SC-04, ST-01, OBC-02)
- Nainital Division: 10 Positions (UR-06, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-02 & out of which PWD-01)
- Poudi Division: 05 Positions (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-01)
- Pithoragarh Division: 01 Position (UR)
- Tehri Division: 05 Positions (UR-03, SC-01, ST-01 & Out of which PWD-01)
Mode of Recruitment:
- At present the posts will be filled directly on the basis of performance in the Objective Type Aptitude Test separately through a merit list for each division.
- The candidates selected for the job positions will receive remunerations in the scale of PB-I (Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a grade Pay of Rs.2000) along with other perks and remunerations.
- The candidates should be in the age group of 18-27 years (by last date for receipt of application form) to be eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST and PWD candidates from Uttarakhand as per rules.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- The candidates applying for the job position must have completed the minimum standard of Matriculation/ HSC to be eligible to apply
- The candidates must know Cycling as they need to distribute Posts
- The candidates selected for the job positions will serve Chhattisgarh Post for a minimum period of 2 years on Probation.
- The candidates selected for these positions should be willing to serve in Military Postal Service anywhere in India or Abroad.
- The candidates can purchase the application form from any post office in Uttarakhand as mentioned in the detailed advertisement at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Recruitment.aspx on payment of Rs.100 as the cost of form.
- The candidates have to deposit Rs.200 in Unclassified Receipts in any Post Office under (ACG – 76/ UCR) and submit Original receipt along with application.
How to Apply:
- An interested candidate fulfilling all eligibility requirements can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the website of India Post at http://www.indiapost.gov.in
- The application form should be filled in Hindi only.
- The candidates are advised to fill in authentic details carefully during the Online submission of applications
- The applications can be submitted only through Registered Post/ Speed Post only so as to reach the Concerned Address (as mentioned in the detailed advertisement) by the defined last date 28-Jan-2014.
- The candidates should enclose an envelope with Rs.40 postal stamp affixed on it along with the Application Form, Fee Deposit receipts and copies of certificates.
- Incomplete and late receipt of Application form will not be taken into consideration.
- Address to send the completed applications can be found at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Recruitment.aspx for different Postal Divisions.