Uttarakhand Police Force is one of the most organized security forces of the state and is being operated under the state banner. As one of the most responsible forces, the Uttarakhand Police is responsible for various counter-insurgency operations, combating acts of terrorism, safe keeping of human lives, and operating as a special task force for other law and order situations as well as peace-keeping initiatives in the state. This is the most important force of the state operating under the Home Department and ensuring stability in the state as far as crime and trafficking is concerned.
With the recent announcement, from Uttarakhand Police it is inviting candidates for induction as Sub-Inspectors in General Police and Intelligence as well as Platoon Commanders in State Police Force.
The details of the recruitment procedure and essential eligibility are as follows:
- Date of publication of notification: 05-Feb-2014
- Starting Date for receipt of Application: 05-Feb-2014
- Last Date for receipt of Completed Application: 06-Mar-2014 by 5:00 PM
Name of the Posts & Details of the Vacancies:
- Sub-Inspector (General Police): 257 Posts
- Sub-Inspector (General Police): 39 Posts
- Platoon Commander (PAC): 43 Posts
- The standard procedure and regulations of reservation will be applicable for these vacancies as per the state government norms.
- The applicants gets selected will be appointed as Trainee and during training they will be entitled for a stipend of Rs.3500 per month.
- After completion of Training period they will be engaged in the state police force in temporary basis with a monthly remuneration in the scale of PB-II with Rs.9300-Rs.34800 and a grade Pay of Rs.4200 along with other allowances and perks as applicable.
- Applicants, who are male and female and are domiciles any state of India are eligible to participate in the selection procedure. But the reservation will be granted to the candidates from Uttarakhand state only.
- The candidates must have passed Graduation degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- For Ex-Sm candidates the educational requirement will be up to Intermediate standard.
- A candidate must be aged between 21 to 27 years by 01-Jul-2014 to be eligible for this consideration.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC & Ex-servicemen in accordance with the Uttarakhand State rules.
- Height: 167.7 Cm (Male-UR) and 152cm (Female-UR) (relaxation will be applicable for ST and Tribal of Hilly terrain
- Weight: Proportionate to height. 45kg minimum for Women/ female
- Chest: 78.8 cm (UR) without expansion and 83.8 cm with expansion for male candidates. Minimum expansion should be 5cm and will be relaxed for ST and Tribal of Hilly terrain
- NOTE: Relaxation will be provided for the appropriate category of candidates and women as per rules of Punjab Police.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done abiding the following procedure:
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
- Final Medical Examination
- The interested candidates belonging to Unreserved & OBC category should remit a fee of Rs.100 (Rupees One Hundred only) in the form of Uttarakhand Government Treasury challan
- For SC/ST candidates the fee will be Rs.25 only
- The fee concession will not be applicable for SC/ST candidates from other states.
How to Apply:
- The applicants should apply through the Prescribed Format of Application only as available at the websites at http://uttarakhandpolice.uk.gov.in/files/pdf/S.I.s_Bharti._2014..pdf
- The candidates should ensure that they apply with complete details with proper facts and information
- The candidates can apply for more than one posts through the same application, but they have to mention their preference in the numeric order.
- The candidates should make sure to paste their scanned signature and recent photograph at the appropriate space on the Application Form
- The applicants should keep a copy of the application form for future reference.
- Application completed in all respect and attached with necessary documents and proofs of qualification and experience should be enclosed in an envelope and should be sent to the following address, so as to reach by the last date mentioned (06-Mar-14)
- Address to send the detailed application form:
The Office of the Senior Superintendent of Police/ Superintendent of Police of every district
- Any form of canvassing will be subject to disqualification.