Union Public Service Commission is the sole authority entrusted the task of competent selection of Group ‘B’ and Group ‘A’ positions in various departments under the Government of India. At various times, depending upon the requirement, the UPSC releases notifications for various positions under the Central Government.
Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service are considered to be one of the best career options under the Government of India catering to apex levels of Financial and Economic sectors of the country. Although this examination is a common examination for IES and ISS, candidates having adequate expertise can choose their stream of services as per their academic competency and career orientation.
Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 04/2014, UPSC is inviting Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) from eligible candidates to join in the junior time scale posts of the Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service under the Central Govt.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Important dates to reckon for:
- Date of publication of notification: 08-Feb-2014
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 08-Feb-2014
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 10-Mar-2014 till 23:59 Hours
- Date for determination of eligibility conditions: Last date of submission of ORA
- Date of examination: 24-May-2014
Details of List of Services:
- No. 12/2/2013-EI(B):
i) Indian Statistical Service: 23 Posts
ii) Indian Economic Service: 15 Posts
iii) 3 Vacancies are reserved for PWD candidates
iv) Reservation for SC/ST/OBC will be applicable as per rules
- The applicants selected for these posts will be considered under the Pay Scale with respect to Junior-Scale Time Grade Pays as per the provisions of the Government of India.
- Candidates are advised to refer to the detailed advertisement to know the exact details.
Education & Experience:
- Indian Economic Service: A candidate applying for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics from a recognized University
- Indian Statistical Service: A candidate applying for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelors Degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognized University
- Candidates who are awaiting for the final results may apply provided that they are able to show their course completion certificate by the time of final selection.
- A candidate applying for these posts must have obtained 21 years of age and should not have exceeded 30 years of age as on 01-Aug-2014 to be eligible to apply.
- However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category of candidates as per the central government norms.
- The age will be calculated as per the date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation Certificate.
Plan of Examination:
- The Selection Examination will consist of a Written Test and followed by a round of personal Interview. The final selection will be based on the performance in these two examinations.
- Candidates have to undergo a physical fitness test before joining these positions
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PH candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC Male candidates the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC male candidates
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the ORA only available at the website – http://upsconline.nic.in . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only.
- A valid email ID is mandatory for submission of Online Application.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at:
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>