UPSC Civil Service Examination Notification 2014 Through Advertisement No. 9/2014
Union Public Service Commission through its recruitment Notification Number 09/2014 is inviting Online Recruitment Application (ORA) for Civil Service Examination 2014.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Number of vacancies: Approximately 1291
Important dates to reckon for:
- Last Date of submission of Online Application: 30-June-2014 till 23:59 Hours
- Date of Exam: 24-August-2014
Details of List of Services to which the candidates will be subjected:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Gr.-A)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service Gr.-A
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Revenue Service (IT) Gr.-A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Postal Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service Gr.-A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service Gr.-A
- Indian Defence Estates Service Gr.-A
- Indian Information Service, Gr.-A
- Indian Trade Service, Gr.-A (Gr.III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’ (Section Officers Grade0)
- Delhi Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service Gr.-B
- Delhi Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service Gr.-B
- Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)
The applicants must be of at least 21 years and should not have crossed the max age of 32 years as on 1-August-2014 to be eligible to apply.
However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a Bachelors Degree of any of Universities of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as an University under or possess an equivalent qualification.
The candidates who are awaiting their final results can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination while applying separately in the Main Examination once selected from the Preliminary Examination.
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PWD candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC
- For candidates whose fee details are not received from the bank, a list of them will be made available in the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in two weeks after the last date for submission of application (i.e. 30-June-2014). Such candidates have to submit the proof of fee payment within next 10 days or their candidature will be rejected.
Plan of Examination:
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
(ii) Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
- Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
- Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available them.
- The Main Examination likely to be held in December, 2014.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- Candidates must apply online through the UPSC website only. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application
- For any clarifications, one can log into http://upsc.gov.in/exams/
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
In case of any clarification/ guidance/ information regarding their candidature, applications etc. candidates MUST contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.